Talk

Advanced search

interfering mother in law

(17 Posts)
whoopsy1 Mon 04-Jul-11 21:09:38

OMG she just has 2 poke her nose in & cover up 4 her son aaarrgh. My daughter's 14 now & she started th "teenage strops" last yr (not unexpected) However, she has begun saying she prefers 2 live @ her dads who happens 2 live with his mum??!!! So supagran steps in where he cant. i just so feel out of the loop because when she goes 2 her dads/grandmas thts it i don't hear frm her, i dont even no what she getting 4 xmas huh its such a muddy pond i have no back up frm my mum . I've spoke 2 my gal abt it as much as i can but hey what do i no??

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 04-Jul-11 21:13:56

strt 2 tlk prprly

ssd Mon 04-Jul-11 21:14:05

sorry but i can't answer as i haven't a clue what you're saying......

hellospoon Mon 04-Jul-11 21:16:07

re-write in text we can understand and we may be able to help..

featherbag Mon 04-Jul-11 21:17:34

I'm pleased it's not just me then, I gave up at the third line of 'txt spk'.

squeakytoy Mon 04-Jul-11 21:17:46

I can read your post, but not sure exactly what your problem is to be honest.

ssd Mon 04-Jul-11 21:21:02

are you the 14 yr old dd writing this pretending to be your mum?

ihatecbeebies Mon 04-Jul-11 21:21:31

Could you not explain to your daughter that you feel a bit out of the loop, she'll surely understand as she's older, if she's got a mobile phone maybe a text or two every day to keep you posted?

Is your ex partner permanently living with his mother and if your DD moved in would she have her own room and live there too? If he would be getting his own place in the near future you could explain to her how different it would be living with just her father and with no 'supergran' to spoil her.

exoticfruits Mon 04-Jul-11 21:22:25

It is very difficult to read but I can't see a problem-your teenage DD is being difficult but gets on well with her granny-is that a problem rather than a help?

AurraSing Mon 04-Jul-11 21:22:25

I think it's far too early to worry about Christmas.

ihatecbeebies Mon 04-Jul-11 21:23:17

ouch ssd she's just looking for advice, don't read it if you've got a problem, there are plenty of other threads to read.

oohjarWhatsit Mon 04-Jul-11 21:23:44

half past three

BluddyMoFo Mon 04-Jul-11 21:24:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFuleKno Mon 04-Jul-11 21:25:02

Christmas?!

ImperialBlether Mon 04-Jul-11 21:25:17

smile @ oohjarWhatsit

squeakytoy Mon 04-Jul-11 21:27:10

How would you feel if your ex had a new partner who was then your daughters stepmother? At least the "other woman" in your teens life is her grandparent at the moment, which should be easier to handle.

Not sure why it matters that you dont know what they are getting her for xmas when it is six months away either. At 14 she can (and no doubt will) tell you what they are getting her, and what she wants from you.

ssd Mon 04-Jul-11 21:28:01

ihateceebeebies i'm serious, not being sarky

the style the op writes in suggests a young teenager to me, maybe the girl wants to discuss a problem posing as her mum...don't know why though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now