Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is British Gas?

(8 Posts)
vickibee Mon 04-Jul-11 19:13:30

We are £29 in debit with our gas ccount (not a lot) but B gas wabt to increase our DD from £50 to £90. I requested that we clear our arrears and keep our dd the same. They would not accept this and said our dd had to cover our anticpated useage and there is a £30 exit fee. FFS? I have cancelled the dd altogether and moved to 1/4ly bills.

Rubbish!!!!

QueenStromba Mon 04-Jul-11 19:21:54

I'd say British Gas are being unreasonable but then I refuse to have anything to do with them after they took over six months to refund me £200 quid that I'd overpaid in direct debits and then set the debt collectors on me twice for gas used in properties after I had moved out (the second time my name hadn't even been on the account). I'd change gas companies if I were you.

Huffythetantrumslayer Mon 04-Jul-11 19:41:34

British gas are cunts. We were in credit with them and they wanted to put out dd up! We are no longer with British gas. grin

Punkatheart Mon 04-Jul-11 20:04:03

British Gas recently tried to steal us from Southern Electric without our permission. Twice! Then they phoned us up about four times a day.

So not a fan!

HarrietJones Mon 04-Jul-11 20:05:42

We left BG after they charged £500 a quarter for an empty house.

pjmama Mon 04-Jul-11 20:10:30

I agree with Huffy - cunts. And I don't use that word often.

DeWe Mon 04-Jul-11 20:24:23

grin at Punkaheart. Southern Electric tried to steal us from British Gas. Actually we've had very good service from them including a free boiler repair when their computer crashed after doing it, so the chap said he wouldn't charge us as he couldn't get a bill out of it.

Punkatheart Mon 04-Jul-11 23:26:44

..they are all at it, DeWe! I suppose we should be flattered to be so desired!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now