Talk

Advanced search

to not give my friend's nobber friend free parking?

(15 Posts)
cremeeggsbenedict Mon 04-Jul-11 18:20:40

We live in central London and are very fortunate to have two parking spaces but only one car. A friend lives down the road but only has pay parking near him. We've let his friend use our spare space when he's come to see him (our friend) over the last few weeks, because we're nice people. No word of thanks.

I was doing some work with the nobber friend today and he was unspeakably rude to me. Everything was a demand and when I told him he should say please he said "now". Wanker. I am now minded not to help him out and tell him to pay to park at my pal's house as I am not going to be nice to people who can't be civil to me.

AIBU and quite childish?

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 04-Jul-11 18:21:54

Yanbu at all.

ChristinedePizan Mon 04-Jul-11 18:23:07

Oh dear, what a twat. I would definitely tell him the space is no longer available. And take pleasure in doing so

Sparkletastic Mon 04-Jul-11 18:23:34

YANBU - if he acts like an ill-mannered child punish him accordingly by with-holding his privileges i.e parking space.

JellyBeansOnToast Mon 04-Jul-11 18:23:34

YANBU. He sounds like a complete tit and you shouldn't do him any favours. If he carries on getting things from people even after being spectacularly rude to them, he will never learn respect.

Nobdie Mon 04-Jul-11 18:24:18

YANBU how rude! Tell him the space is no longer available. Manners don't cost anything especially as you were doing him a favour

Spuddybean Mon 04-Jul-11 18:26:50

yanbu - what a cock!

i'd really enjoy telling him he can't use it anymore, in fact, please please let me tell him!

ErinGoBraLess Mon 04-Jul-11 18:29:16

Tell him he can use it. Then park your car over both spaces horizontally. Then go out for a loooong walk. grin

eurochick Mon 04-Jul-11 18:30:11

YANBU. What a twat.

Disasterpiece Mon 04-Jul-11 18:36:15

Id park my one car over both spaces too.

Little bastard.

I hope you take great pleasure in telling him to pay for parking in future considering he has been so bloody rude.

musicposy Mon 04-Jul-11 18:39:54

Tell him the space is now available on a website like this one and he is welcome to use it for £300 a month. grin

musicposy Mon 04-Jul-11 18:40:55

working link
sorry!

cheesesarnie Mon 04-Jul-11 18:41:08

yanbu,put a no twats allowed to park here at anytime sign in the space

ChaoticAngelinLimbo Mon 04-Jul-11 18:41:28

YANBU He's a rude wanker and doesn't deserve you doing him any favours. I'm another one who would take great pleasure in telling him he can't park in my space any more.

HeadfirstForHalos Mon 04-Jul-11 19:47:57

Yanbu!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now