Talk

Advanced search

To think captain cuntworth could have phoned and let us know he hadn't been involved in the latest ructions in Thailand

(12 Posts)
kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 04-Jul-11 14:41:58

before now? I have been every so slightly uneasy today, DH flew to Bangkok last week for a couple of weeks including one on Koh Tao to scuba dive.
He had told me he would be hiring a car to drive down to see a friend of ours today leaving Bangkok around 11 his time this morning.
I expected him to send an email or skype us or facetime or something. Nowt.
I had heard from a friend that there was sporadic outbursts of horribleness there following the election and was a bit concerned about his safety.
I've just had an email saying he got pissed off waiting around so has flown to Koh Samui instead.
He got short shrift from me, so, AIBU?

mumblechum1 Mon 04-Jul-11 14:43:13

When I saw this thread title, I thought Gabby Logon was kicking off again grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 04-Jul-11 14:45:48

No, just me in a bit of a mood. Gabby was last seen wandering the streets of kew or Wimbledon looking for his sanity I think.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 04-Jul-11 14:53:50

YABU... in fact, you sound like my mother. smile We live 20 miles outside central London but she still rings if she sees student demos on TV. "Are you OK!!"

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 04-Jul-11 14:56:04

I honestly don't think IABU. All it takes is two minutes to either power up the laptop or pick up the phone. Thoughtless git. I am seriously considering making him get the train home from Schipol aiport.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 04-Jul-11 14:59:10

Did you phone/text/e-mail/Skype him? Having just been half way around the world myself, I know time-differences make it tricky to find time when everyone's up and about. He's on a break... time flies.

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 04-Jul-11 15:01:35

Of course I did. He has his mobile with him and had turned it off. Silly sod. I did start at 6 this morning which is noon in Thailand. I have been trying on and off all day.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 04-Jul-11 15:44:01

His e-mail said he was en route to Koh Samui... so that'll be where he is, surely? Don't see why you're so anxious, to be honest.

acatcalledbob Mon 04-Jul-11 15:46:17

Flew back from Koh Samui last night. Apart from not drinking alcohol in the 48 hours run up to the election, life was 100% normal..... Don't really see why you are worried.

TheBossofMe Mon 04-Jul-11 15:52:13

All quiet here in Bangkok, kreecher, am sure he's fine. Streets are calm and fairly empty, think a lot of people have made the most of trips home to vote to enjoy a party.

Bit rainy though, season started early this year, so not sure he'll be coming home with much of a tan!

My uncle was involved in a car crash one christmas, all thankfully okay, but when he rang my aunt to tell her about it her response was to shout "and I bet you broke your mothers fucking present didn't you!"

She said later it was the shock.

I know what you mean though, he's far away, you don't know where exactly, you can't reach him and you had to wait for him to contact you. It can be a big worry. If he's far away from where the trouble is he might not even know anything had happened to worry you.

Our friends were on holiday when a bomb went off in their resort. They were further along the same road where it happened but were in such a drunken holiday state that they had no idea what had happened until they saw it on the news when they got home.

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 05-Jul-11 05:37:57

I spoke to him on Skype this morning, he had the camera on the laptop so we could see him but he couldn't see us.
Dozy git he is. He's off to Koh Tao now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now