Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to stand up when i see take that on saturday at wembley stadium seats r block 523

(22 Posts)
tinkbig Mon 04-Jul-11 13:07:03

hi

does everyone stand at take that concerts
i have to dance

is it safe to stand upo everywhere
will be upset if i have to sit down all the time

itisnearlysummer Mon 04-Jul-11 13:09:11

YABU to go to a Take That concert.

Have some self respect woman!

Wafflepuss Mon 04-Jul-11 13:10:17

We were in the stands and everyone stood as soon as they came on. Can't understand why anyone would want to sit their way through a concert so dance away!

anonacfr Mon 04-Jul-11 13:11:24

Dancing to Take That. Sigh.....

NettoSuperstar Mon 04-Jul-11 13:12:12

I've not been to Take That but I was at Enrique the other week and my friend and I were drinking vodka and dancing all night

tinkbig Mon 04-Jul-11 13:12:33

itssummer i didnt mean going to see tt meant standing up

LittleOneMum Mon 04-Jul-11 13:12:36

OOh I was staying in the same hotel as them on Saturday night... got excited despite having no interest in Take That at all.

cjbartlett Mon 04-Jul-11 13:12:41

All my mates seem to be going, it's all the school mums are taking about at the mo

KeepErLit Mon 04-Jul-11 13:12:56

I saw them a couple of weeks ago. We were up in the stands and everyone was on their feet dancing. Really shouldn't have paid the extra to have seats, I only sat in mine for about 5 minutes.

Enjoy! I'm not even a TT fan but the show was amazing!

itisnearlysummer Mon 04-Jul-11 13:14:37

I know that! I was just being cheeky! grin

Have fun! (although I still think I'm right about the self respect wink)

tinkbig Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:43

lol

itisnearlysummer Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:47

I think i'm the only one who doesn't feel like that at my school though. TT are the hot topic in the playground. Some of the mums are seeing them twice!

confused

cjbartlett Mon 04-Jul-11 16:30:07

They must be loaded!

mamas12 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:23:20

We all stood up and down depended on the song, no probs!

LittleMissFlustered Mon 04-Jul-11 18:15:11

I never understand why people bother buying seated tickets when they don't bother. I go to concerts with a friend who has back and leg issues and can't stand for very long. Selfish twits who stand in front of us ruin gigs for her.

bitsyandbetty Mon 04-Jul-11 18:22:52

Saw them in Birmingham last Monday and they were fantastic. Nobody sat down except at the beginning of Progress when the dancers were doing their bit. Great show.

eurochick Mon 04-Jul-11 18:51:59

LittleMiss a lot of venues have no or very limited standing areas and the tickets for those are usually like golddust as they are closest to the stage so most people have no choice. Don't most venues have seating available for people with disabilities, etc (not sure if your friend would fall into this category as you don't say what the proble is) these days?

NoobyNoob Mon 04-Jul-11 20:03:21

We stood up when we went to see them on Thursday - we were in the unreserved seating though.

Littlemiss with respect, what do you expect? It's a concert, people will get up and dance. Agree with eurochick.

tinkbig Tue 05-Jul-11 20:23:16

cheers ladies smile

stoatie Tue 05-Jul-11 20:28:28

Saw them last night - absolutely fab - we were stood on pitch - tres close to the action! - People were standing in the seats - wouldn't fancy standing on upper tier - looked very high

cantpooinpeace Tue 05-Jul-11 20:28:39

I was there on Sat too, block P smile stood the whole time.

Rocky12 Wed 06-Jul-11 17:43:29

Went yesterday, fab show, the upper tiers are high though but the way the seating is arranged you should be fine. There was a mixture of sitting and standing during the show tbh.

Few tips, the way you go in should be the way you should go out, we were directed the wrong way and completely lost our bearings at the end of the concert. Following the crowds is not the answer, we were trying to get to Wembley Park tube and were directed to Wembley Stadium BR station. In your rush to get back you just follow others...

Didnt like the look of the standing area tbh. How on earth did the people at the front use the ladies or get back to their 'space'. It was also pouring down, if you are seated the roof covers you. Food not half as bad as I was expecting. The Arena is rubbish, the stadium at least tries regarding catering but dont expect too much. If you take your own water they will take the cap off and give you a plastic cup (why???)

Ladies were fine and there were no real queues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now