Talk

Advanced search

to change clock so I/we can have an early night?

(9 Posts)
OscarLove Sun 03-Jul-11 18:10:19

I am so shattered today (must be the weather). The DC are getting a bit hot and bothered too. WIBU to put the clock forward an hour without the DC seeing so they can go to bed at 7:30pm instead of 8:30pm. We only have 1 clock downstairs and 1 clock upstairs so it will be easily do-able while they're out playing grin Mean-mum-I-Am!

TheOriginalFAB Sun 03-Jul-11 18:12:04

Do it.

We never change the clocks if we want them in bed earlier. We just tell them they are going!!

worraliberty Sun 03-Jul-11 18:14:06

Just make sure you change them back and you don't turn up an hour early for school....

OscarLove Sun 03-Jul-11 18:17:53

I usually would too FAB, but they've been so good today I would feel I was being unreasonably mean. But what don't know, won't hurt them ;)

Ha, Worral, imagine!

mumblechum1 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:19:57

YANBU but I did that once as ds was driving me nuts, and accidently sent him to school an hour early blush I didn't realise till the afternoon. Luckily he was yr6 so just hung around in the playground for an hour.

OscarLove Sun 03-Jul-11 18:24:10

I really did laugh out loud at your poor DS mumblechum! Did you come clean/did he guess what you had done?

mumblechum1 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:38:39

I realised when the Archers came on at 1pm not 2pm that I'd forgotten to turn the clocks back so called the school to make sure he was ok. The Head was remarkably chilled about it.

I kept shtum to ds who'd forgotten about it by pickup time.

cricketballs Sun 03-Jul-11 19:42:30

we have done it loads of times! Our youngest is on the autisic spectrum. He is obsessive about his pj time, his going up time and lights off time. Although he is not very good at teling the time, he knows what 8pm looks like and if we want him to have an early night the simpliest thing to do is to change the clock in the living room.....works like a dream grin

psiloveyou Sun 03-Jul-11 20:00:24

I've done that a few times.

Go for it you deserve a break smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now