Talk

Advanced search

to not want to speak to this father ever again?

(6 Posts)
FranSanDisco Sun 03-Jul-11 11:06:39

DD (10 yo) swims in a local squad. It can get competitive amongst the parents and to be honest spending too much time watching swimming bores me to tears. In the last year a girl has joined whose father is a PITA. He boasts and brags about this dd whilst totally running down his older dd. He reports she is not in the league of his younger dd not only with regards to sports but academic achievement. It's unpleasant to hear but people do listen to him hmm.

I ended up sitting a few seats away from him recently and he discussed his brilliant dd and then compared her to my dd (both 10 yo). Both girls have been under trial for the next squad up and his dd is a better all rounder but she swims 5 times a week to my dd's 3 times a week. He concluded this 'chat' by saying the coach obvioulsy thought my dd has 'something' but in his opinion it probably wasn't there sad. I simply replied that dd was quite laid back about the whole thing and the coaches make the decisions. I was calm and smiled. I feel though I cannot speak to him again as he has overstepped the mark. What would you do as a parent, let it go or ignore the twat?

AmberLeaf Sun 03-Jul-11 11:11:14

Ignore him as much as possible...he is a TWAT.

bubblesincoffee Sun 03-Jul-11 11:20:10

As you already know that the man is a wanker, there is absolutely no reason why you should give any credit to anything he says.

Avoid him if you can, but if you are in the unfortunate position of having to talk to him aagain, then just prepare yourself for the fact that he is going to talk dribble, and let it wash over you.

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Jul-11 11:20:21

I would probably ignore him and feel sorry for both his DDs as he's obviously got self esteem issues, perhaps thinking his girls are a reflection of himself.

He was a cheeky fuck saying that about your DD, and to your face! shock you did well to keep your cool.

You say other people listen to him, but they're thinking he's a wanker the same as you.

If you do have to talk to him again just be very civil and distant, if he doesn't get the required confidence boost he'll soon leave you alone.

bubblesincoffee Sun 03-Jul-11 11:20:56

Oh, and I feel ver sorry for both his dd's. They are likely to have ishoos.

welliesandpyjamas Sun 03-Jul-11 11:22:45

He sounds like he is losing the plot and also his social interaction skills. Ignore and give smirky condescending looks to confuse him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now