Talk

Advanced search

Grown adults queuing up for face painting

(7 Posts)
AnyFuleKno Sun 03-Jul-11 00:16:09

at a family event today with free rides etc. One of the things laid on was childrens face painting. Dd v excited about it and waited patiently...mostly...for 30 mins in the queue. The queue included I would say 6 adults\teenagers who then got stuff painted on their face, while children/toddlers who the thing was intended for waited in a mile long queue. I mean am I being a dragon here? Because what the fuck?

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Jul-11 00:30:42

They sound like selfish miserable fucks to me, who probably had deprived childhoods grin

What kinds of things were they having painted?

I'm imagining a 30 YO jumping up and down in excitement at being made up like a tiger, then maybe crying because they let their helium balloon go grin

LolaRennt Sun 03-Jul-11 00:33:22

If it were only for children, they wouldn't have painted the adults. THe grown ups in the queue clearly enjoyed themselves or wouldn't have nothered. I might have done it when I was a teenager too

madhattershouse Sun 03-Jul-11 00:35:46

If it was free then I may go for it..and I'm on the wrong side of 35! As long as they let me be the wicked witch grin.

MadYoungCatLady Sun 03-Jul-11 00:42:19

Ohhhhh is it still on? Pussycat for the CatLady!

AnyFuleKno Sun 03-Jul-11 00:44:14

One family of grown women in particular spent ages fannying around getting flowers an elaborate crap painted on them, one of them had a really intricate design all down her neck and onto her shoulder. The face painters were amazing, very professional and didn't turn a hair. I however was doing cat bum face waiting for dd's turn so we could get out of there.

Dd had a rabbit design done. Smudged to hell and covered in chocolate within 20 mins though of course

wasuup3000 Sun 03-Jul-11 00:51:20

It's what happens at these things. Maybe invest in some face paints and a couple of brushes and have a go yourself at home for next time? ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now