Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want a house. Now!

(7 Posts)
islanzadi Sat 02-Jul-11 23:47:01

we live in a mid-floor flat. We just had new neighbours move in. They're great BUT how can i look them in the eye again after now knowing their whole sexual routine, pet names, ETC!

I should feel grateful tbh.. Our previous neighbours were 2 girls. Nothing against it but my god they went on for hours.

Ahh how i want a house right now..

IvyAndGold Sun 03-Jul-11 00:01:23

i just want a home right now. DP was made redundant a few months ago, and now we are lodging at MIL's whilst we scrimp and save for a deposit on somewhere. she is lovely (mostly) but having everything we own cooped up in one room, whilst being reminded on a daily basis that this is her house and not ours gets very depressing sad

sorry, didn't mean to put a bit of a downer on it!

give them a cheeky wink OP, they might keep it down next time wink

worraliberty Sun 03-Jul-11 00:04:15

What makes you think a house will be any more private OP, unless it's totally detached?

Ivy sad

islanzadi Sun 03-Jul-11 00:04:16

I know where you're coming from Ivy. We moved out of mil's 4 months ago and we're now renting. We had been living there for 3 years. I'd rather take this! But we can rent a house for the same price, which is why i'm slapping myself atm!

islanzadi Sun 03-Jul-11 00:07:19

Well. The walls and ceiling are paper thin. I can hear conversations aa if they were in the same room. Mil's was a semi but the shared wall was against the kitchen. I honestly never heard a peep from the neighbours there. And they had young babies. Not a sound

honeybehappy Sun 03-Jul-11 00:11:23

we have got a semi and i can hear everything from next door, They have the noisest dogs ever sad

ivy sad been there aswell.

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 03-Jul-11 00:13:49

snap honey - im in a semi and my neighbours dogs have been barking in just the last few mins....drives me insane.

hold on ivy - been there too and my MIL hated me! you will come out of the other side!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now