Talk

Advanced search

to start yet another "spooky things that have happened to you" thread

(23 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:23:40

it has become a tradition when i have some time to myself.

so go on - weird, spooky, coincidental...i love them all grin

coastgirl Sat 02-Jul-11 15:31:59

This is minor spookiness but I am currently PG and know I am not supposed to get too hot. In the first trimester I had flu and was lying dozing on the settee wrapped in a duvet (while there was snow on the ground outside!). I was having feverish sort of dreams but couldn't really wake up properly and then I quite clearly felt someone tap the back of my head with something (felt like a can of drink or a glass) and I woke up to find myself boiling hot and drenched in sweat - obviously very close to overheating. When I went into the other room DH said he'd been coming in to wake me up periodically so I didn't sleep too deeply, and I said "did you have to tap me on the head though?" at which he looked puzzled...he hadn't been in to see me for ages!

Then last night I was all wrapped round in the duvet again and I woke up to the sound of someone knocking loudly on the (side) door. By the time I saw it was 3am and nobody would be knocking on that door (only friends and family know we use that one most) I realised I was once again very very hot and sweating - clearly something or someone is waking me up on purpose when I am about to overheat!

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:35:39

wow! guardian angel
come on everyone else? anyone been mauled by werewolves this week?

ledkr Sat 02-Jul-11 15:36:34

My son was about to run into the rd,he was 2,i tried to grab him but couldnt reach,i was cnvinced he'd be killed,i screamed,all of a sudden we were all just stood on the pavement.I asked my sis aged 10 what had happened,she told me a chinese man had pulled him back.There was no sign of anyone. My gran told me that when i was little a lady told her that i had a chinese gurdian angel confusedma psychic lady said it too,independently.

ledkr Sat 02-Jul-11 15:37:57

Stealth my best one was on the other recent thread di you see it? Truly spooky.

Rockerchic Sat 02-Jul-11 15:38:29

It was my moms anniversary yesterday and I woke up dead on 2.30 when she died and I felt like she had been in the room,it was a nice feeling

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:38:42

shock at the chinese man and you losing a few seconds of time!

No, I didn't please hunt it down and C&P

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:39:11

sorry Rockerchic sad and insensitive x post

biddysmama Sat 02-Jul-11 15:39:19

in the hospital when ds1 was born i looked at his 'fish tank' cot and there was a little boy looking at him, he looked at me and smiled then disapeared

my husband and bil have seen a little girl walking around in his mums house

Rockerchic Sat 02-Jul-11 15:43:21

I think we are all meant to have guardian angels.

ledkr Sat 02-Jul-11 15:45:26

Here you go,dont say i didnt warn you.I swear this is the truth,ds still remembers it,he is 26.
22yrs ago was living in an ordinary semi with my 2 boys 1 and 3.Had been burgled a few months earlier so was nervy.I often heard running about upstairs as did others,my babysitter used to check dc's adn they were fast asleep.
One night i was seeing out a friend and the running noise came from upstairs,he looked over my shoulder and said "whats that" i explained i often heard it and he seemed reluctant to leave me.
I went to bed and could hear all sorts of banging downstairs so was led awake holding my breath.Ds 3 then runs in and snuggles up with me.Everytime this noise occurrs he moves closer.Realising this was not my imagination i called 999 and the operator told me he was sending a van full of police,i was crying so he offered to stay on the line. The phone suddenly went dead and then a mans voiced laughed. Hysterical i was screaming downm the phone when the op came back on,he asked if i had a downstairs phone and i said i did,he advised me to get against the door until the police arrived,he sadi he had heard a man laugh too.I was literally beside myself,the baby was asleep in next room and i was torn betwee getting him and opening the door as i had ds1 with me.
The police arrived and it took them a bout 20mins to persuade me to open the door,they refused to break it down. I ran down with a bseball bat (id been burgled remember)and let them in. There was no sign of any break in and the phone had not been tampered with. I went to my Mums for the night with ds's. Things continued to happen there for many years but never that bad,i got remarried so was alittle less scary with dh around.
One night we came in from a bbq at around midnight.The ds's were at my mujms and we went staright to sleep (bit drunk)
The following morning the wardrobes in the ds's room were in the middle of the room and were twisted and broken. My neighbour later complained to me about the terrible banging that had been coming from the ds's room at around 2am!!!!!!!

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:46:59

ok now 'm scared to look round. That is really really spooky

Helenagrace Sat 02-Jul-11 15:47:29

My dad died four years ago. When he was told his condition was terminal he announced that he wanted to buy mum a ring, which could then be an heirloom for me and my dd. Unfortunately he died within a fortnight of diagnosis and rapidly became too ill to go ring shopping with mum so the ring was never bought.

Three months after he died mum went to put flowers on his headstone. There, lying on the headstone, was a claddagh ring in my mum's size. My dad was of irish descent and the claddagh happens to be an irish symbol of love (amongst other things).

She won't wear it though as it spooked her too much!

ledkr Sat 02-Jul-11 15:47:50

you got any then or are you just a paranormal voyeur grin

ledkr Sat 02-Jul-11 15:48:59

Helen that is beautifull,could it have been a friend or relative to comfort her?

DustWillReturn Sat 02-Jul-11 15:50:18

When the DSs were younger i was getting very down about how my career was going. I wasn't getting the illustration commissions i got before i had them as i'd taken a bit of time out due to ill health etc. Lost my contacts and i think my Mojo too.

I sat on the settee in the front room and said out loud (i was alone) - someone show me a sign as to why i should carry on with this and not go and get a 'proper' job. Two minutes later there was a knock on the door and the postie delivered me a package from my Japanese friend from Uni - she was back in Japan and had never sent me a package before just letters.

Inside was the most gorgeous Japanese inks - which she said she had seen and thought of me and that they were more vibrant in colour than western inks - and she signed it off with a 'strength in motherhood' motto. shock I carried on and the work picked up i'm pleased to say....

coastgirl Sat 02-Jul-11 15:52:08

Oh, and speaking of guardian angels, the other day I was on the train with DH and a little white feather came through the window and settled on the table right in front of me - nothing else came through the window at any point. That's supposed to be a sign of your guardian angel, isn't it? Now she can just bring me the winning lottery ticket please grin

DustWillReturn Sat 02-Jul-11 15:56:05

Min'e not so much spooky as a spooky coincidence i suppose blush

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:58:41

no, just a voyeur! In fact being sensible I'd say I don't actually believe in this stuff but I do like to be spooked...
I do have one "odd" happening but it's quite dull. I was on holiday as a child, had probably had a bit too much sun. We were at dinner. I saw my dad beckon the waiter over then speak quietly to him. I asked what he had said and he said he had asked for another coke. After about 10 minutes I said something like "wonder where that coke is"...cue puzzled looks from my parents as they said they had never asked/not even spoken to any waiter. Either too much sun or talking at cross purposes but it's my only experience of "shifting reality" and was quite weird.

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Jul-11 15:59:10

spooky coincidences very welcome smile

BamBam21 Sat 02-Jul-11 16:02:03

I have had a few experiences, some good, some bad.

The most frightening was when I was little (about 7). My adored grandparents lived in the same village as us, but they were on holiday. I was walking past teir house, and saw a really wild, angry-looking old woman at the window, staring at me. I remember being rooted to the spot, and I still don't know how long I stood there for. I eventually tore myself away and ran to my house. My mum found me hysterical and crying. She is very psychic, and she grew up in that house. She had always been aware of an old woman, who wasn't very nice, in the house, and she had been very scared of her as a child too. After my grandad died, my gran started to feel afraid in the house alone, and she got a priest in to bless the house. The whole atmosphere in the place felt so much lighter immediately.

I adored my grandad, and I remember after he died, I was sitting in my room, crying. Suddenly I felt a squeeze on my shoulder, just like he used to do. It felt so warm and comforting, and I know he had come to say goodbye to me.

Helenagrace I think your story is beautiful.smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 02-Jul-11 16:15:32

Mine's not spooky, can be passed off as a coincidence but I like to think it's more than that smile.
My BIL had terminal cancer. DH took DDs scan picture to him in the hospice, he held it and said that if there was anything out there he would look after the baby.
DD was almost at the date of induction when my waters broke. I didn't go into labour naturally and had to be induced after the 48 hours. Still DD hung on and was born just after midnight on BILs birthday - the first after he had died.

Helenagrace Sat 02-Jul-11 16:17:05

ledkr - It could have been a family member, we'll never know. Dad's grave is next to a path so it could just have fallen off someone's hand. No one has ever owned up to putting the ring there.

I found it a little comforting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now