Talk

Advanced search

To think we could spend the night at his house occasionally?

(3 Posts)
GivemeyourHand Sat 02-Jul-11 08:26:18

Been seeing someone around 9 months. Every time we saw each other we went out for meals but it started getting really expensive so we started a cooking thing instead. Once a fortinight he cooks and then the following fortnight I cook. The thing is its ALWAYS at my house. He has a 14 year old daughter who lives with him and when we first got together he said she can sleep at her grandparents house occasionally so we can alternate who's house we spend the weekend at but he did say we'd be at my house more often because my childcare is more reliable but in the 9 months we've been together I've had dinner at his house ONCE and that was only because the daughter was staying at a friend's house that night. He makes no effort, it's like he's just become accustomed to the fact that we spend every other weekend at my house but I feel he could make the effort to arrange a night at his house at least occasionally. It's always me that has to "host" our nights together meaning I get left with all the mess etc that comes with it.

We're not meeting each other's kids yet, hence why they need to be out when we see each other but AIBU to expect him to arrange at least one night in a blue moon at his house?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 02-Jul-11 08:34:39

YANBU but I think you're both being a little daft that, after nine months, you haven't introduced each other to your respective children. That would resolve everything, surely?

Lorenz Sat 02-Jul-11 08:54:33

He likes the easy life. Doesn't have to bother with childcare, doesn't have to tidy up before you get there, doesn't have to tidy up afterwards and he gets a meal at someone elses expense. YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now