Advanced search

Unknown

(29 Posts)
HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 01:52:26

Message withdrawn

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 01:58:28

Message withdrawn

mumblechum1 Sat 02-Jul-11 01:58:59

I never go on the feminist section, they're scary.

AgentZigzag Sat 02-Jul-11 02:16:08

Oh well, if it's getting deleted I'll say what I think grin

The way you think about the section might just be defined by those shouting the loudest, and I agree it's a shame the more moderately worded posts might get drowned out.

I also think it's a shame it's not more 'inclusive' (although the posters in the section aren't obliged to go out of their way to include anyone).

I've said on a thread before that I feel...not as extreme as sad, but sad anyway IYKWIM that I have stuff I'd like to discuss but wouldn't because it seems to be an all or nothing kind of thinking, and I'm neither, so don't think I'd 'enjoy' the discussion.

YANBU to object to being called those things, but you shouldn't let it put you off saying what you think.

Hope you're OK, you sound really pissed off about it, more than you perhaps should be?

somethingwitty82 Sat 02-Jul-11 02:16:17

If the feminists are the alternative to 'patriarchy' then Id rather my current oppression,especially as DH has brought me friday night G&T and swiss roll in bedsmile

AgentZigzag Sat 02-Jul-11 02:19:40

'DH has brought me friday night G&T and swiss roll in bed'

shock the absolute brute something.

grin

mumblechum1 Sat 02-Jul-11 02:31:14

something God what a passive aggressive Narcissistic, Emotional Abusing arsehole.

<<raids fridge for G&T>>

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:33:59

Message withdrawn

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:37:42

Message withdrawn

AgentZigzag Sat 02-Jul-11 02:39:10

Are you going to a place you're able to go home from if it gets too much for you?

You can give it a try? These things are almost always better than you build them up in your head to be.

You sound like you could do with the break tbh smile

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:41:49

Message withdrawn

AgentZigzag Sat 02-Jul-11 02:47:32

Your DH sounds lovely, really reassuring smile

There are always so many things you can worry about before you go on holiday, but in reality they're not likely to happen, and if they do you'll just work round them as they come up.

I'm not really one for holidays, but I go because I know DH likes to get away and needs it sometimes.

Get thinking of the brilliant stuff you'll be doing (ie as little as possible grin) if you feel it's getting too much?

HowlingBitch Sat 02-Jul-11 02:47:54

You'll be fine! Just keep in it in your head "I'm on holiday dag nammit! I will have fun!" It worked for me grin

mumblechum1 Sat 02-Jul-11 02:48:40

I had to go away for a long weekend when ds2 was only 6 weeks, and only 2 weeks out of SCBU. As he was used to bottles of expressed BM, I just kept pumping a couple of times a day to keep upthe supply.

You'll be fine. If your youngest is 18 months, they'll be having plenty of solids anyway so don't fret.

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 02-Jul-11 02:50:57

I know a secret.
Sshhhh.
Don't tell anyone.

In the last week or so, MN and particularly MN Feminist section has been infiltrated by people from a weird board. This is the reason that the feminist section has been so busy (not to take anything away from the activity of our own feminists) . They are anti-feminists or something.

Anyway, they are here to show up Mumsnet (mostly using the Feminism Forum) as an anti-male site.

Thing is they are posting as men and women and some are posting as Agent Provocateurs. Some are even pretending to be feminists to stir trouble.confused So while you OP are right to challenge what you believe to be bullying by other posters, please be aware that not all of them are real MNetters. And some are behaving defensively (with cause).

My advice?
Give it a while before you go into Feminism (until the flamers bugger off), then it will calm down. Although I can't guarantee anything (people have a nasty tendency to spout their individual views on the net).
Chill with the other threads.

But it's a secret.
I'm only saying this because yer getting the thread deleted.
Sshhh

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:52:55

Message withdrawn

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:56:15

Message withdrawn

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sat 02-Jul-11 02:57:36

Message withdrawn

HowlingBitch Sat 02-Jul-11 02:59:01

I am drinking DPs beer <giggles and raises a foamy glass> Sláinte!

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 02-Jul-11 03:02:08

Slanty Howlinggrin.

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 02-Jul-11 03:26:45

Have been giggling all week at the though of the "infiltrators" arguing with other "infiltrators" whilst pretending to be MNet posters.grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 02-Jul-11 03:35:12

Agent Provocateurs??? On mumsnet Dione??? Oh do tell, are they giving away undies?
Any chance I can blag a few new thongs? grin

HowlingBitch Sat 02-Jul-11 03:35:30

Dione I missed your post before. Is that really true? Because I have been shocked at the level of male bashing on MN recently that I suspected that something was up. It's frightening.

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 02-Jul-11 03:53:21

Howling, yes it is. MN "attracted" people from a site based in the US a while back who were intent on demonstrating MNet hatred for men. In order to do that they stirred up hatred. They pretended to be women (as well as posting as men). They pretended to be feminists.

I'm not sure it worked as well as it should have. Considering all the effort they put in.

And they didn't even give us any free fancy knickers.

PenguinArmy Sat 02-Jul-11 04:28:56

FWIW I think the feminist section is just like any of the other charged sections (G&T, SN, AIBU). The first few pages you get a cross section of views and the two or more people get into a heated related tangent. If it's not something you really resonate with, then it's a easy point to start glossing over or leaving the thread there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now