Advanced search

withdrawing dd from nursery as I am not happy with the care?

(15 Posts)
mememummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:46:28

Basically, nursery has changed management and has gone down hill dramatically from 'forgetting' to give DD her prescribed meds, not ringing me to let me know she had been sick, not ensuring she had cleaned herself properly after using the toilet despite me asking them numerous times to go with her, her constantly coming home with sand in her pants = a very sore bum
AIBU to withdraw her from nursery and not pay any more fees. I withdrew her in may (I had paid for the whole of the month) and they are now threatening court action if I do not pay junes fees.

MummyTigger Fri 01-Jul-11 23:48:39

YANBU - if they want June's fees, then send them a letter via your solicitor telling them you want compensation for the "neglect, substandard level of care and medical endangerment" of your DD.

They can't be so lackadaisical without repercussions. Take them to court for every single penny they have - if it were my daughter I'd be fucking livid.

thursday Fri 01-Jul-11 23:50:35

YABU, you should continue to send her to somewhere you are unhappy with.

mememummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:50:45

I am livid, am so tempted to send a copy of the letter to ofsted and all the other accrediting bodies

AgentZigzag Fri 01-Jul-11 23:51:48

The sand in the pants and not wiping her bum properly are not that bad, but the meds and being sick are more serious and I wouldn't be leaving my DDs with anyone who'd shown themselves to be anything but trustworthy with giving them meds and telling me about accidents or sickness.

mememummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:51:49

lol thursday, my and DH work full time so my poor sprog is now being passed from piller to post albeit with a clean bum

Waswildatheart Fri 01-Jul-11 23:53:39

You should report your concerns to the early years team in your local authority. Other children could be at risk. Well done for taking action!

mememummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:56:48

my neice also goes there she is very lactose intolerant and gets the squits just looking at a cow, my SIL popped in to find them feeding her a jacket spud with cheese and beans on...

they have an outstanding ofsted rating wtf?

where do I stand legally in terms o not giving the months notice?

maypole1 Fri 01-Jul-11 23:59:51

I would try a childminder you only have one more person looking after your child and have a lot more control over whats going on.

mememummy Sat 02-Jul-11 00:03:03

have found a lovely little nursry with only 20 kids all aged three and up just round the corner that are open 7-6 which suits my shifts but i was considering a childminder if it doesnt work out.

Al1son Sat 02-Jul-11 00:06:20

It depends on the contract you signed. If I were the nursery manager I would be walking away and hoping that you left it at that. If you complain to Ofsted the nature of your complaint will be recorded on their report and future parents will all know about it.

It just goes to show how insignificant Ofsted ratings are. I have always had good or outstanding ratings but although I am happy that the ratings were well deserved, I know that they have not always been made for the right reasons.

mememummy Sat 02-Jul-11 00:18:53

I am supposed to give four weeks notice and I only gave two, the managers before were fantastic, kept you informed would make you a coffee at 6:59 for when you flew in to drop dd off keep you up to date with progress offer advice on things such as potty training behaviour etc, they deserved the outstanding rating- now though I dont even get a hello

JemimaBananaHammock Sat 02-Jul-11 00:34:13

Can you email them? So it's in writing, saying that you have taken your DD out of their nursery due to a lack of care and negligence which occured since the change in management. Listing the isdues you did in the OP e.g. Not giving the meds etc. Then say, you have given 2weeks notice and feel that is more than fair. If they wish to pursue it any further then you will advise them of your solicitor's contact details.

Hopefully, that will shock them into leaving you alone forna quiet life. In tge meantime, you should report them to Ofsted, as should you SIL re: the lactose intolerance and cheese mel incident.

JemimaBananaHammock Sat 02-Jul-11 00:35:11

Sorry for typos! Am using my phone!

essexmumma Sat 02-Jul-11 00:49:08

You of course ANBU - you are the parent and expect you DC to be looked after well.

REPORT them right now! It might help another child in the long run.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: