Talk

Advanced search

There is more in life than just making sure you hair looks lovely?

(19 Posts)
sassyminder Fri 01-Jul-11 23:00:24

Or that your outfit matches the occasion of the day (tennis game or dinner in Canada)....or that you are slim and smiley enough for the cameras...
guess everyone knows who I am talking about...?

Northernlurker Fri 01-Jul-11 23:03:52

Yes I know who you're bitching talking about. I'm intrigued to know how you've come by the knowledge that she only thinks about her clothes and hair though?
I think you should remember that for those are who are tasked with representing our country abroad, it's only courteous for them to dress appropriately.

JoySzasz Fri 01-Jul-11 23:04:01

There is,but for the lady in question it will be paramount grin

JeremyVile Fri 01-Jul-11 23:08:21

Rightly or wrongly I would generally assume that the sort of person who would attribute negative characteristics to someone they don't know would also be the sort of person who would have an orgasm be moved to pass comment if that same stranger was photographed looking a bit ropey.

LadyThumb Fri 01-Jul-11 23:09:09

Oh, stop being so bloody scathing OP! They are ambassadors for Britain and if they can break the mould that the Royal Family have carved out so badly over the last 40 years they will be doing a good job. He IS going to be King one day, and they are getting on with their job - no different to being a High Flyer in the City (who would also make sure they were well groomed and smiley)!!!!

scottishmummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:09:50

why are you being so coy about kate middleton
i dont care but you obviously do

twinklypearls Fri 01-Jul-11 23:12:41

How do you know that she does not think of anything else? What a mean thread.

JoySzasz Fri 01-Jul-11 23:14:09

I think they are a breath of fresh air!

sassyminder Fri 01-Jul-11 23:25:39

I come from a country where the last president had dislexia and an speech impairment, he was (is) ugly and from an extremely poor background, he also worked very hard since he was a child to help supporting his family and went on to become a president for 8 years through public vote, and you know waht? he did turn the country around and made changes that anyone else could make before him. And he is also friends with most of other country leaders. I just think that the whole society seems to be obssessed with appearence only when it does not matter or make any difference at all. I am talking about my country but I live in England and I like it before someone tell me to fo F*off back to my own.

thursday Fri 01-Jul-11 23:44:44

yes i agree that as a society as a whole we're far far too interested in what people look like. it's a bit of a vicious circle though, and i don't blame people in the public eye who put a lot into their appearance. you can see the way people are torn apart if they don't look ideal at all times, i'd want to avoid that if i could. plus for Kate Middleton especially, her job is to just stand there and look smiley, the only thing people CAN comment on is her appearance so she needs to make sure it's 'nice hat' rather than 'wtf is that hat?'

it is lame though.

joric Fri 01-Jul-11 23:48:30

C.M. Does not need to think about or worry about her hair or finding outfits to match occasion- someone does the thinking / worrying for her. I do not believe for one second that she books hair appointments or does her hair herself and despite claims that she doesn't have a valet - I don't believe it- there is no way she bought her clothes, washed, ironed, packed them herself.

BelleDameSansMerci Fri 01-Jul-11 23:48:46

sassy - please don't assume that every native Brit is enamoured of the royal family. I most certainly am not. That said, I think it is the media/reporting focussing on what she looks like - it's not necessarily what she's thinking about.

FWIW, there are lots of things that are of greater importance than spending time on one's hair but isn't it fabulous when it goes just right?

<swishes expensively maintained hair>

worraliberty Fri 01-Jul-11 23:50:58

Yes, I think Kate should get fat and spotty and only wear leggings, baggy T.Shirts and Crocs.

But hold on...wouldn't she still be the same person underneath?

Also, I fail to see what it's got to do with your President?!?

Our Prime Ministers aren't exactly known for their hair and good looks are they?

joric Fri 01-Jul-11 23:52:16

And good for her, it's her job now surely? If she turned up looking like me and dressed like me I'm sure people wouldn't be impressed!

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 01-Jul-11 23:53:49

I think she's beautiful and if everyone looked like her it would be so much easier on the eye.

IdDoAndyMurrayInAHurry Fri 01-Jul-11 23:54:09

I think most women of 28/29 care about their appearance. I'm pretty sure you can't choose what class/lifestyle you are born into. If you had a clothing budget, would you not spend it on things that looked good, particularly when a lot of people are ready and waiting to rip you apart for you appearance?

Cocoflower Fri 01-Jul-11 23:54:34

Kate Middleton is an asset to our nation. Classy, beautiful, gracious and dignified.

She has far better qualities than a lot of females in the public eye.

JoySzasz Sat 02-Jul-11 00:07:28

I agree coco

It is not as easy as some people think either,chatting to strangers and looking interested...

I think she is coping really wonderfully smile

worraliberty Sat 02-Jul-11 00:10:16

I think she's beautiful and if everyone looked like her it would be so much easier on the eye

It'd make the summer school run less traumatic grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now