Talk

Advanced search

To think the glaziers are taking the piss slightly?

(10 Posts)
VelveteenRabbit Fri 01-Jul-11 16:07:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Fri 01-Jul-11 16:16:08

We've just had ours done and it took two blokes three shortish days to do 6 windows and two doors.

I suppose the one on his own couldn't do that much, but at least he turned up.

I would say they've knocked off today because they'd have had to start another window they couldn't finish else.

It's possible they're just getting paid for the job rather than the hours they put in, so if no other work on, they'll fit it in whenever.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 01-Jul-11 16:24:38

When I had my windows put in it took 3 men a day, 8am start,6pm finish. They did 9 windows, all upstairs as I live in a 1st flesh floor maisonette x

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 01-Jul-11 16:25:26

First floor, don't know why my iPhone decided 'flesh' better than first?!?

nickelbabe Fri 01-Jul-11 16:26:57

cos you'd already put 1st? grinwink

FlubbaBubba Fri 01-Jul-11 16:29:10

I had 11 windows (4 rooms), on the flesh (grin) floor. 2 men, 2 days. Simples smile

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 01-Jul-11 16:29:25

Flesh floor sounds horrible.
At least your parents were left with a gaping hole covered in a tarp by the Everest double glazer I used to drink with.
He started the job with his mate, but didn't have enough time to finish it so flew to Tenerife on holiday.

GingerWrath Fri 01-Jul-11 16:30:35

We had our whole house double glazed 2 years ago, front and back door and 9 windows. It took 4 guys from 0800-1400 to do the lot.

AgentZigzag Fri 01-Jul-11 16:31:49

It's starting to sound like a maths exam...

'How many days does it take one and a half men to make 4 cups of tea, each with 6 sugars and one without milk?'

grin

(Answer - 5 days)

Pendeen Fri 01-Jul-11 16:32:09

They sound as if they have taken on too much work - probably trying to keep several jobs going at once.

That's the usual reason why tradesmen mess about and take ages to finish because (unless your DP have paid in advance) firms are usually very keen to finish so they get their money!

I just hope the firm are FENSA registered because if not your DP will be receiving a visit from the council with a demand for a £92 inspection fee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now