Talk

Advanced search

This is really petty but...

(20 Posts)
elisadoeslittle Fri 01-Jul-11 11:33:19

DPs friend added me on FB a year ago after we met at a party. She deleted me after about a month. She also deleted DP and loads of other people. Over the year she slowly added them all again, only to delete us last week.

This week Ive seen her maybe twice through other friends and shes tried to add me again. She deleted me a week ago! Im gleefully not responding to that friend request and its probably petty (and I know its just FB and not RL but still)

allhailtheaubergine Fri 01-Jul-11 11:36:05

I don't understand your question.

tazmin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:37:43

how old are you

if under 12, the OP may make sense

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 01-Jul-11 11:37:57

What are you, 15? Headfuck Facebook is for teenagers. So and so isn't my friend, now she is, ooh boo hoo now she isn't again. Wtf.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 01-Jul-11 11:38:22

x-post with tazmin grin

elisadoeslittle Fri 01-Jul-11 11:39:26

Im 36!

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 01-Jul-11 11:41:31

Then have a virtual slap and leave FB alone.

PinotsEvilTwin Fri 01-Jul-11 11:47:35

Aww leave her be.

yoshiLunk Fri 01-Jul-11 11:52:19

She probably gets the frights every now and then about Facebook and goes housekeeping it, then gets brave and starts up again - it's nothing to do with you, - accept the request or don't, meh, I don't suppose she's losing any sleep over it.

Pancakeflipper Fri 01-Jul-11 11:55:35

Do people over the age of 18yrs really sit checking who has deleted who and if they deleted other people or just them?

Crosshair Fri 01-Jul-11 11:57:55

yanbu?

TrilllianAstra Fri 01-Jul-11 11:59:09

YABU because you have not asked an "Am I Being Unreasonable?" question.

elisadoeslittle Fri 01-Jul-11 11:59:27

It was a bit of a thing at the time because she wasnt current in my life, but she was a close friend of DP's so it did seem weird.

I just think its a bit fickle to add someone a week after you ceremoniously deleted them. She has a high net presence so I wouldnt have though FB scares her.

elisadoeslittle Fri 01-Jul-11 12:00:20

AIBU for feeling gleeful that Im not going to accept her request. And I think I know the answer now, thanks all. [not]

InnocentRedhead Fri 01-Jul-11 12:04:59

This happens to me.... She will probably just want a nosy at your life because hers isn't exciting enough. Or she will have heard some gossip about you.

I am having this a lot at the moment with people who have deleted me, or i have deleted because I am pregnant and people will just want to have a nosy at my page.

<Brazen facebook user> ;)

InnocentRedhead Fri 01-Jul-11 12:06:24

Feel gleeful at this little fact, if she finds that deleting you off FB gives her a degree of 'power' as she may see... Leave her to her sad little games and take pleasure in the fact that she cannot spy smile

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 01-Jul-11 12:08:01

Oh I was only joshing, although i do hate headfuck with a passion grin

elisadoeslittle Fri 01-Jul-11 12:10:54

I generally dislike it most of the time, but DP has family abroad and they like to see what we are upto. I mostly dislike it because of these little 'deletion' games.

I do just feel a tad smug that shes having to backtrack on her latest deletion though.

greencolorpack Fri 01-Jul-11 12:11:58

Elisa I thought you were someone I know!!!! I do this all the time. Sorry. In my defence, I only add people if I feel like I know them. I tried adding people speculatively, ir hoping through knowing them on Facebook we might get to know them but everyone on here poured scorn on that idea so I had a Facebook cull. My friends list is ever waxing and waning. If you think her behaviour is more than just tidying up her friends list, then don't add her back on again. Simple as that.

Facebook can be very uncomfortable, if you don't know the person you can feel like a stalker in their life, and who wants that role? I delete people because I think my interest in their life is not healthy. (Like the wife of a colleague I had a bit of a crush on). So it might be (in a weird way) a compliment if this woman has deleted you, she might want you to have your privacy.

MorelliOrRanger Fri 01-Jul-11 12:16:00

Block her - then she can't keep adding you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now