Talk

Advanced search

To phone in sick for work tomorrow

(16 Posts)
kitkey Fri 01-Jul-11 07:48:32

I am 27 weeks pregnant and am struggling a bit with life - terrible heart burn - no sleep - constant worry about the baby - it doesn't move much or I don't notice as so busy. I have a 2 year old and 3.5 year old and am exhausted - have just worked my 2 days back at work this week after having a holiday and it is a physical job and I have struggled with back pain and fanjo aching. Last night I had no sleep as felt like a hot coal was wedged in my throat. Up for day nowxentertaingvkids - DH out tonight so no help all day - can't face work tomorrow - so tired I can 't even be bothered to swallow my toast. BUT I am not in theory sick but would love to rest all day while DH helps out with kids! Actually I do know IABU but I need to lay down.

Tee2072 Fri 01-Jul-11 07:50:02

You sound ill to me. Pain is illness.

tutu100 Fri 01-Jul-11 07:50:30

I don't think you would be unreasonable phoning in sick for work, but if you would feel bad about it can you take a day's holiday or something?

Huffythetantrumslayer Fri 01-Jul-11 07:50:32

Yanbu your health and the babies health is more important than work.

peggotty Fri 01-Jul-11 07:50:45

Aw it's crap feeling like that!! Have you got family around who could have the littlies?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 01-Jul-11 07:51:29

Unanimous. Phone a sicky unless your job is vital to someone elses wellbeing.

Animation Fri 01-Jul-11 07:52:26

You sound exhausted. Hope you take the day off and spend the day in bed.

southlundon Fri 01-Jul-11 07:53:42

I thought you were going to say 'to watch Murray' blush But you are properly in need of a day to recuperate and recharge. Definitely worthy of a sick day.

Lambskin Fri 01-Jul-11 08:08:30

I thought it was about tennis too! Please have a day off and rest, you sound like you need it.

trixymalixy Fri 01-Jul-11 08:09:05

I thought this was about the tennis too as I would dearly love to be off today to watch it.

YANBU, take the day off.

catgirl1976 Fri 01-Jul-11 08:20:44

YANBU - You sounds exhausted and if you are not ill now you will be if you don't get some rest. Take the day off, put your feey up and see if you can help some help with the DCs etc so you can get a bit of sleep

CoffeeDog Fri 01-Jul-11 08:32:28

have a day off - as for the baby movement -I dint feel my TWINS much at all they were just lying the 'wrong' way.

Day off sit in the garden nice cold drink... watch the tennis ;)

thederkinsdame Fri 01-Jul-11 10:12:32

kitkey if you are worried about lack of movements, please get checked. I know you are exhausted and have 2 little ones, but I think it would be advisable if you can to see your MW. You should rest and not go to work.

childfreeatm Fri 01-Jul-11 10:26:07

YANBU - your baby and your health are more important than any job, don't go to work and give yourself time to rest!

tazmin Fri 01-Jul-11 10:53:13

pack the job in, be good to yourself

no one ever laid on their death beds wishing they spent more time at work

thederkinsdame Sat 02-Jul-11 09:36:06

Please get the movements checked as well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now