Talk

Advanced search

to be paranoid?

(10 Posts)
MuthahSuckah Thu 30-Jun-11 23:53:10

In the space of 18 months family members have become very ill or died. I'll have to name them with a false name to easily explain. My co-workers are;
Don
Erica
Leonard
Annette
Gillian
Donna
Carmel

First of all 18 months ago Don's mother died from an age related illness

Next Erica's adult sister attempted suicide. Not successful, thankgod, but very close to dying. She is ok now.

Next Donna's mother has a heart attack

Carmel's dad dies suddenly from heart disorder a few weeks later

Next Donna's brother dies from cancer. A few months later her sister dies from the same. So tragic.

Next Gillian's friend passes away suddenly.

A few weeks later Gillians sister-in-law also passes away suddenly.

Next Donna's (again) friend becomes ill with cancer and passes away not long after diagnosis, aged in her early 30's.

Annette's mother is diagnosed with mild Alzheimer's Disease and gets taken into hospital a few times with pneumonia

Leonard's wife dies of heart attack

Annette's mother is in serious condition in hospital and is dying

Isn't this a lot to be happening in 18 months? It's so tragic for the people I work with to lose so many friends and family and it's frightening me a bit. I'm beginning to think we're cursed sad

MuthahSuckah Thu 30-Jun-11 23:55:23

Sorry, first sentence should read "In the space of 18 months my co-workers family members have become very ill or died.

worraliberty Thu 30-Jun-11 23:57:13

No you're not cursed.

It is awful..especially when you list it like that, but to be honest I think if I listed that amount of people and they opened up about family/friends/illness diagnosed in their families....the list may be just as long sad

I suppose it's all relevant when you think about it.

spiderslegs Fri 01-Jul-11 00:16:57

As we all die.

At some point.

Your co-workers must be an unusually unhealthy bunch....

MissVerinder Fri 01-Jul-11 00:23:12

Statistically though, I would imagine that technically you would be less likely to suffer any catastrophe yourself.

(touchwood etc. etc)

spiderslegs Fri 01-Jul-11 00:29:54

Yes Miss I always (secretly) rejoice when someone suffers a calamity - because then, statisically, I will be less likely to suffer one....

True or not.

Maths innit.

MorticiaAddams Fri 01-Jul-11 00:35:07

YABU and people like you make me sick. Your co-workers have suffered these tragedies and you are posting it on an internet forum bringing yourself into it.

spiderslegs Fri 01-Jul-11 00:59:35

Blimey Morticia

And?

And?

spiderslegs Fri 01-Jul-11 01:00:40

OP makes you sick?

LolaRennt Fri 01-Jul-11 01:49:57

I think if these things had happened to your coworkers it might be a bit freaky. But if you count up all you and your co workers and all their friends and fmaily members, the few who dies in the past 18 months is actually quite small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now