Talk

Advanced search

To be p*ssed off about a loud party next door?

(9 Posts)
ThePackingFairy Thu 30-Jun-11 23:29:24

It's 11:30 on a week night. Next door are having a teenage get together in their garden. Under our bedroom window, where my toddler is just about staying asleep. It's LOUD, the music is shit and I'm knackered. Grr. There's no easy way to 'pop round for a reasonable chat' when you are in PJs and very disgruntled is there?! No. I thought not.

puffling Thu 30-Jun-11 23:33:50

If you have ear plugs use them. Get up at 6 in the morning and do the same to them.

ThePackingFairy Thu 30-Jun-11 23:36:22

Good idea! DD wakes at 5am actually. She loves a sing along to CBeebies.

mayorquimby Thu 30-Jun-11 23:46:39

if you can't beat 'em...

Pang Thu 30-Jun-11 23:46:51

Just remember you were young once. The kids have just finished their GCSE exams and are probably just celebrating. If it's only happened once let it slide. If it happens again speak to the parents.

Well - ds1 has just finished his Highers, and ds2 has just finished his Standard grade exams (Scottish yr 11 and yr 12 exams) and there is no way I would let them have a party on a weeknight that was loud enough to disturb the neighbours.

debivamp Fri 01-Jul-11 00:42:25

if it does not stop by 1.00am you can phone the police and they will pop around, especially if you tell them that it is a teenager party.

ThePackingFairy Fri 01-Jul-11 07:32:13

It did stop by 1am. They turned music off but sat round talking under the window for hours. Yawn. Wasn't overally pleasant to DD when she woke at 4:30am... But hopefully you're right and it was a post GCSE one off. We just moved in so we'll have to wait and see!

Pang Fri 01-Jul-11 18:28:45

Hope you get a good sleep tonight smile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now