Talk

Advanced search

to swap pretty, sexy knickers for big, sensible ones?!

(97 Posts)
ttalloo Thu 30-Jun-11 20:03:39

these in fact I bought them yesterday and they are enormously (if you'll pardon the pun) comfortable.

I'm so tired of wearing lacy knickers that rub on my caesarean scar, turn into thongs under jeans and generally make me feel uncomfortable all day long - am I the only one?!

Euphemia Thu 30-Jun-11 20:16:09

I have those in white for wearing under my white jeans. grin

They look like the huge pants I used to laugh at on my grannie's washing line, however she lived to 91 so I reckon she's a good role model.

strandedbear Thu 30-Jun-11 20:37:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spookshowangel Thu 30-Jun-11 20:39:43

oh god noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i do often go comando. but i would never wear those hideous things.

floweryblue Thu 30-Jun-11 20:44:36

I think that some big knickers are sexier than cutting into flesh skimpies, I think I look better in big pants and a vest than in small knickers and a bra, I know I feel better!

redfairy Thu 30-Jun-11 20:45:35

Applecatchers!

Essential after a C-section I would say but the floral is particularly hideous.
I would put comfort over style anyday but I NEVER put my 'big' knickers on the line or let my DH take them out of the drier, much to his amusement.

GabbyLoggon Thu 30-Jun-11 20:46:54

YES KNICKERS are paRT OF THE ENGLISH PSYCHE. THROWBACK TO VICTORIAN TIMES.

sloggies Thu 30-Jun-11 20:47:52

why do you think I use this name.....grin

joric Thu 30-Jun-11 20:49:53

Ahh, the high rise, full brief.... Machine wash and tumble dry which is a good job really as the 7 pack take up the entire washing line. Not liking the flowery ones though - bit frumpy compared to the black ones I wear. Good reviews on m+s site too, especially the one from Gary in Sussex.
P.s joking aside, I actually do own these I am sad to say sad smile

NettoSuperstar Thu 30-Jun-11 20:49:53

No, no,no,no,no.
As long as I live I will never wear ugly knickers.

Fuzzled Thu 30-Jun-11 20:54:55

C-Section scar make these invaluable - still can't go back to my drawer of pretty high legs. Tried a pair last week and lasted for all of ten minutes before getting sore and grumpy - and the scar is 9 months old. angry
Anyone know when it gets better (and how to get rid of the little scar shelf?! blush)

floweryblue Thu 30-Jun-11 20:55:27

They don't have to be ugly Netto

MissBetsyTrotwood Thu 30-Jun-11 21:07:07

I have to say that big knickers seem to look the best under my prettiest clothes. Or commando. But I'm not risking that. blush

spiderslegs Thu 30-Jun-11 21:15:19

ttalloo, I will not allow you to buy these pants.

Really.

You know it's wrong.

Big pants are only acceptable if they're slightly pervy.

I would rather soil my jeans than wear these abberations.

pinkyredrose Thu 30-Jun-11 21:19:03

sorry but they are truely disgusting

Callisto Thu 30-Jun-11 21:27:14

Fuck me, they are hideous. Can you not get some cotton, stretchy thongs?

Callisto Thu 30-Jun-11 21:28:03

Spiders - pervy big knickers?

HeidiKat Thu 30-Jun-11 21:29:36

I got some similar to those when pregnant as none of my normal ones sat comfortably under the bump, somehow the big ones have become normal wear and all my pre pregnancy ones are languishing at the back of the drawer.

Smellslikecatpee Thu 30-Jun-11 21:32:09

ok if plain and not floral, I feel sexier when comfy rather than when a bit of knicker crawing up my bum!!!

GreenEyesandHam Thu 30-Jun-11 21:36:53

YANBU

For me, it's sexy knickers for the bedroom <covers mouth in a coquettish fashion>, big ole comfy, smooth grannypants under my clothes.

I have actually been known to wear the big pants under a sexy dress all night, then run to the loo and switch to the sexy's once home. Just so I don't spoil the big 'undress' thing grin.

And this is with my husband, who knows full well the contents of my pants drawer.

BulletWithAName Thu 30-Jun-11 21:37:14

Oh God no. There is no excuse for those EVER!

strandedbear Thu 30-Jun-11 21:39:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spiderslegs Thu 30-Jun-11 21:39:58

Yes Calliso witness big pervy pants

PacificDogwood Thu 30-Jun-11 21:42:55

May I recommend these?

They are comfy on CS scar.
They allow no muffin top.
They do have a leetle bit of lace.
They are cotton mostly.
Caution: they come up huge. Go down a size - seriously.

BulletWithAName Thu 30-Jun-11 21:43:37

They are much nicer pacific

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now