Talk

Advanced search

to think that a grown man should be able to...

(9 Posts)
BrainThrustMastery Thu 30-Jun-11 12:31:46

...wait for his 1000 page (OK, perhaps a slight exaggeration there but it was at least a hundred pages) document to print, meaning that when the paper tray (and in this instance ink) inevitably needs refilled he can do it, instead of buggering off somewhere?

The next unsuspecting victim (me) has to do all of the above and then wait for 20minutes until all the git's previous user's crapola has printed (I just needed to print one page on this occasion).

I know I'm a bit overly-ragey about this but in my defence it happens all the time! grin And I need more brew

KnitterNotTwitter Thu 30-Jun-11 12:33:35

normally there is a 'cancel print' button... or turn the machine off then on again to cancel the print... smile

BrainThrustMastery Thu 30-Jun-11 12:35:39

If the computers are networked, can you still do that? I thought you had to have administrator priveleges to do that. Then again, I don't really understand these things!

MissTinaTeaspoon Thu 30-Jun-11 12:37:49

I had the same issue with my dh a few weeks ago...he'd bought a new cartridge and rather than putting it into the printer he had helpfully shoved it in the back of the cupboard!

(waves to knitter)

MissJanuary Thu 30-Jun-11 13:55:34

hit the cancel print button, I do this all the time at work (in secret!) so my stuff prints first!

BrainThrustMastery Thu 30-Jun-11 14:43:19

MissJanuary you may have just saved what is left of my sanity! Thank you grin

spookshowangel Thu 30-Jun-11 15:23:25

a grown man should........ words that everyone utters at some point or other grin

BrainThrustMastery Thu 30-Jun-11 16:04:46

Spookshow grin

Oh, and just to be fair, there are many things that grown women should be able to do as well but are apparently incapable of grin. I'm pretty sure if I thought about it there'd be plenty of things I can't do properly which may seem trivial to others wink

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 01-Jul-11 12:31:44

Brain I'll confess to not being able to reverse the car with a trailer on it... DH cannot understand why I find it so hard...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now