Talk

Advanced search

To think the woman on This Morning wasnt genuine ?

(25 Posts)
shavmcv Thu 30-Jun-11 11:14:01

Ok this sounds really bad , but I don't think this woman was genuine at all . I missed any names but it was the woman whose husband killed 2 girls . She was talking about her life with him but I'm sorry I felt like she was putting that on !! I'm not sure why she would I don't know but I was not convinced by her . Anyone else see it and feel the same / different ?

BeerTricksPotter Thu 30-Jun-11 11:16:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tazmin Thu 30-Jun-11 11:17:19

depends how much she was getting paid

GypsyMoth Thu 30-Jun-11 11:21:31

Er, have you been in an abusive relationship then?

ShatnersBassoon Thu 30-Jun-11 11:22:03

I thought she seemed very nervous and upset. She was how I would expect the ex of a convicted murderer to be when speaking in front of TV cameras.

GypsyMoth Thu 30-Jun-11 11:22:26

And yes, it DOES sound really bad!!

Just like the mcann criticism was

Low

shavmcv Thu 30-Jun-11 11:27:18

Not to her extent but yes I have .

GypsyMoth Thu 30-Jun-11 11:31:36

So she should react the way YOU would to be believable??

BeerTricksPotter Thu 30-Jun-11 11:32:38

ledkr Thu 30-Jun-11 11:33:34

biscuit

queenmaeve Thu 30-Jun-11 11:36:43

You do realise its not csi or a movie you are watching? Its real life people are what they are. se its not csi or a movie you are watching? Its real life people are what they are.

queenmaeve Thu 30-Jun-11 11:37:18

Feckin iphone

ShatnersBassoon Thu 30-Jun-11 11:38:05

I'm not quite sure what the OP is insinuating anyway. That she isn't really his ex? That she isn't really bothered by it?

BeerTricksPotter Thu 30-Jun-11 11:43:37

GypsyMoth Thu 30-Jun-11 11:46:57

i agree Beer...nasty op

shavmcv Thu 30-Jun-11 11:53:20

No I meant the way she was acting on the show . When she was talking - hardly saying anything and talking really quiet I felt like she was being unnatural . Why not go on and be yourself . The subject matter is irrelevant .

ShatnersBassoon Thu 30-Jun-11 11:56:25

So she's very outgoing and chatty in real life? When you next see her, you'll have to ask her why she wasn't being herself.

MadameDefarge Thu 30-Jun-11 11:57:16

You are quite right. Any man who murders girls should be ashamed not to have booked her a media handling course....tut.

slug Thu 30-Jun-11 12:12:43

Good lord, give the poor woman a break. If I discovered DH was a serial murderer I think I would be at pains to distance myself from him, whether or not I felt comfortable in front of the cameras.

(For the record DH finds it difficult to squish a spider, let alone a woman)

MrsTwinks Thu 30-Jun-11 12:19:35

I didnt see it, but I have seen his kids and their mum talking before and (like all kids of such people) they are trying, like I assume she is, to distance themselves emotionally from him and what he did. It must be hard to correlate loving the person and knowing what he did to others. Plus, in her case, that he killed/raped/god knows in their home and bed. IMO im not surprised she would seem distant or cold or whatever, I wouldnt like my brain to go there would you??

MissPenteuth Thu 30-Jun-11 12:20:32

'Why not go on and be yourself'? What a ridiculous thing to say. Maybe she was nervous in front of the cameras. Maybe she's just quiet anyway. She's a real person, not a trained actress fgs.

GeekCool Thu 30-Jun-11 12:20:41

hardly saying anything and talking really quiet

If she had been laughing with glee then yes maybe her reaction would seem odd (although even then potentially it's a coping mechanism) but your OP is ridiculous considering you now say she was quiet (withdrawn) and hardly talking (well what the fuck DOES one say that in that situation?)

YABU

shavmcv Thu 30-Jun-11 12:44:01

Ok I see what you are all saying - maybe I misinterpreted . I just felt her behaviour was forced that's all . But I am clearly in the minority so I concede blush

kittybuttoon Thu 30-Jun-11 12:52:26

Didn't see it - but my DH has a friend in exactly the same situation and nobody, but nobody, can understand how she feels. The trauma she suffers is compounded by people making guesses, and then judgements,about whether she 'knew about it all along'/colluded with the killer/was responsible for his behaviour in some other, inexplicable way.

I know you are probably trying to make sense of it all, Shavmcv, but there is no sense attached to senseless killing. And that woman you saw is, trust me, as much of a victim as the poor, dead girls.

biddysmama Thu 30-Jun-11 13:34:38

i think the wife of a murderer would have been abused? and scared of her husband? then she will still be scared of him, scared to talk about him in case he gets to her and scared of how people will judge her, saying she knew etc... so i think being quiet and not really wanting to talk about it is the natural reaction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now