Talk

Advanced search

to be angry with the school about reward trip?

(6 Posts)
Bluebell99 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:12:24

Yesterday at 2pm I got an email saying that my son (12) had a place on a reward trip to a theme park. Costs £30. Say well done to son, and go out. Come back at 7pm and find school has emailed two hours after the first email to say son does not meet criteria on grounds of either behaviour or attendance. Email is just a admin one, and I should speak to his tutor for more info. So have been trying to speak to someone all morning. His attendance is over 98% and his recent report was outstanding. Has had one afterschool detention along with the majority of class for not doing homework (but only the children who had completed work in lesson didn't get detention so I think on that occassion, I dont think the teacher had actually told them what they needed to do). Really baffled, upset and fucked off. And his tutor and head of year are striking so now waiting for the head to ring back.

HelloKlitty Thu 30-Jun-11 11:19:00

I would be fuming! And how is it a "reward trip" if you have to pay for it? Seems like an exclusion trip to me....

I would bloody insist he went after that email!

aldiwhore Thu 30-Jun-11 11:22:08

Ugh I hate this kind of thing. Everyone should be rewarded apart from those who've really messed up. Not kids who've been unlucky enough to be ill, or have been generally good but didn't meet the 'criteria'.

Our PTA pay for a 'reward' trip at the end of each year and everyone is invited UNLESS there's been a serious issue with behaviour that hadn't been resolved quickly (if the child doesn't have known SEN). Only one child got excluded last year, and he had at least 5 chances to turn his behaviour round.

Flisspaps Thu 30-Jun-11 11:29:17

Sounds like the second email has been sent in error.

Bluebell99 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:37:34

Thanks. I really can't understand it. And how demotivating for my son, who attends every day, is never late. His report said he always hands work in on time, always gives his best in class. At recent parents evening, staff were very positive about his work and attitude.
The head's Pa has just rang back and said the head will discuss it with senior teacher tomorrow and ring us back then.
I am so upset about this sad

Bluebell99 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:40:04

Nope, my dh went into the office today and they said he wasn't on the list to go. I don't understand it but I am really angry with them. And of course they are on strike today. And why did they send the second email after school hours. Surely it would have been better to phone than email?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now