Talk

Advanced search

accidently told OH his mum had an affair...

(7 Posts)
Madamolive Wed 29-Jun-11 23:49:20

Long story short.. its late.. Aibu to think not my fault or problem that I mentioned to my OH about his mums affair (happened 18 years ago) resulting in divorce. I found out from his sibling blissfully unaware Oh was never told the truth...... It's never come up on topic but marriage has come up a fair few times now and I just slipped it in- in context. Hes feeling pretty shit now tbh.

amsterdamster Wed 29-Jun-11 23:52:32

It's a shame that you told him and that he had to find out about it, but ultimately you were not responsible for his mum's actions and neither is he...it's understandable that he's feeling upset about it but no one apart from his mum will know the circumstances that made her have the affair. It will take some time for him to get over it of course, but I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

scottishmummy Thu 30-Jun-11 00:00:36

did you slip inadvertently or to settle score
you seem v fuck you about your partner distress?why

Madamolive Thu 30-Jun-11 00:05:46

Ah I'm tired and writing on small screen phone, we were mentioning about marriage etc growing up with step families and I said "how did you cope with the affair
(My dad had one) .. something along those lines, just pretty shocked and pissed he's not been told the truth and he has said he's even asked. Weird his siblings were told but not him... Wish it wasn't me that told him and his mother should have been truthful

scottishmummy Thu 30-Jun-11 00:09:09

and did you feel bad about how you make your partner feel
when you say "but marriage has come up a fair few times" whose marriage -you and oh

still why are you so nonplussed about this,go support your partner,get off mn -sort it

scottishmummy Thu 30-Jun-11 00:10:54

regroup,support yer man.dont drag it across mn

Madamolive Thu 30-Jun-11 00:17:16

I think I didn't explain properly the Aibu.. the not my fault/ problem could have been explained better. I mean in the way I shouldn't be held responsible if his mum/dad find out I told him. Oh is asleep atm Thankyou that's why iv posted late at night so I can get some advice/response. "Drag across mn" no one knows me. Is rather have the annonymity then to discuss it to even more unknowing proper in rl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now