Talk

Advanced search

To feel sorry for the poor darling children who teachers aren't on strike tomorrow?

(57 Posts)
AgentZigzag Wed 29-Jun-11 19:39:33

I mean, the injustice of it!

They don't give a bollocks about politics or pension plans, all they know is shed loads of children are getting the day off to play in the sunshine and they've been left out.

I would have been spitting feathers if it were me.

But then I hear that some children actually like school these days, but I've discounted that as a vicious lie spun by smug mums who are showing off about their DC grin

yearningforthesun Wed 29-Jun-11 19:42:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

girliefriend Wed 29-Jun-11 19:42:48

lol, funny I would be well put out if all my mates got a day off and I didn't!!

worraliberty Wed 29-Jun-11 19:43:16

My Son's Junior school has 16 classes and only one class is open tomorrow. He's just thanking his lucky stars it's not his class grin

My 12yr old however, is very pleased his Teacher isn't striking cos he's going on a trip to the Tower of London tomorrow and he was shit scared it would be cancelled.

yearningforthesun Wed 29-Jun-11 19:45:39

hugeleyoutnumbered Wed 29-Jun-11 19:47:19

OP BRILLIANT

unfitmother Wed 29-Jun-11 19:56:31

DD is off, DS isn't.
DH says he's going to keep him off on principle.

BluddyMoFo Wed 29-Jun-11 19:58:31

JemimaMop Wed 29-Jun-11 20:00:31

DS1 is getting a day off but DS2 and DD aren't. DD isn't bothered (still in Reception so the novelty of school hasn't worn off yet) but DS2 has already asked if he can have a tummy ache tomorrow hmm

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 29-Jun-11 20:01:51

We're going to the Zoo! grin

utahforever Wed 29-Jun-11 20:02:24

Sorry OP, but YABU grin

My DS loves school !

The children I work with will have a great day (like most days) - I work hard to make sure they have lots of fun, because I do teaching them smile

xstitch Wed 29-Jun-11 20:02:25

YABU, valuable lesson

AgentZigzag Wed 29-Jun-11 20:02:56

Only 1 having to go in out of 16 classes would be classed as a 'cruel and unusual punishment' as defined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights wouldn't it worra? grin

An 'awww bless him' for asking if he can have tummy ache jemima grin

Tell him he can but he's got to spend the day tidying his room, it'll soon wear off.

foreverondiet Wed 29-Jun-11 20:20:41

My DC have school tomorrow, they are unaware that other schools are on strike and they are excited as they have a dressing up day tomorrow.

floosiemcwoosie Wed 29-Jun-11 20:22:39

Us Scots are already finished......hence why I am lying in the garden having a small nervous breakdown

Hulababy Wed 29-Jun-11 20:23:51

There are some not impressed children at my school. Where teachers are striking the classes are shut. If the teacher is not striking the class is open and the children have to go in. I wonder how many are absent?

worraliberty Wed 29-Jun-11 20:24:05

floosie I thought you were going to say a small glass of wine or something! grin

floosiemcwoosie Wed 29-Jun-11 20:25:46

The wine was polished off on day one

The gin on day two

Hence breakdown on day three

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Wed 29-Jun-11 20:25:58

all three of mine LOVE school
they cry if they have to miss any or its an inset day hmm

not heard of any striking at all

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 29-Jun-11 20:27:20

OP, YABU! DS1 is in reception and he loves school atm.

In his school, only 4 out of 8 classes are in. They also have an inset day on Monday. I'm not sure there's going to be very good attendance on Friday!

sharbie Wed 29-Jun-11 20:27:23

we are all off out to lunch tomorrow with my grandad smile

AgentZigzag Wed 29-Jun-11 21:19:34

Huge sympathy for you floosie, I'm breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about DD1s summer holiday in 4 weeks, even though I can back it up with the fact I've learned that it's Not That Bad once you get into the routine of it.

Hope you have a great day sharbie smile

Hulababy Wed 29-Jun-11 21:21:27

My DD loves school but even she'd find it hard if other classes in her school were having a day off and not hers.

knobbysEx Wed 29-Jun-11 21:21:40

SCABS! [GRIN]

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 21:23:12

We used to be ragin if there was a bomb scare at another school and not ours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now