Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To find most blogs oh so bloggy boring...

(209 Posts)
revolutionscoop Wed 29-Jun-11 16:52:31

....and furthermore, to find the term 'mummy blogger' excruciating? Genuinely wondering if it's just me.

Nowtspecial Wed 29-Jun-11 16:53:17

No, it's not.

TrilllianAstra Wed 29-Jun-11 16:55:15

That's two separate issues.

You find blogs boring - then you need to find some likeminded people to recommend blogs that you woud like (Twitter is useful fo rhtis)

Mummy blogger" as a term - used far too much. If your blog is mainly about being a mummy then fair enough, but other it's a ridiculous homogenisation of women (with a rather patronising tone).

chebella Wed 29-Jun-11 16:55:51

no, it's not just you. and what are you meant to do if someone you know and care for creates one where you just think, "why?!" . i am a big fan of creative outlets, but many blogs just defeat me.

TrilllianAstra Wed 29-Jun-11 16:55:57

Blog here about the word "mummybloggers"

mickeyjohn Wed 29-Jun-11 16:57:01

I have never understood blogs either.....I'm not interested in some random persons ramblings.....can someone tell me a good one to make me change my mind?!!

mickeyjohn Wed 29-Jun-11 17:00:42

ok, looked at that link and that bored me too! who cares about her scones?! I don't give a fuck! Who does?! and the lady who blogged about her 2 year old in Co-op having a tantrum....why is that worthy of writing about?!!!!! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus. I don't get it!

SinicalSal Wed 29-Jun-11 17:02:11

Each to their own I suppose. I've never found a blog I liked, but I bet there is one out there

TrilllianAstra Wed 29-Jun-11 17:04:26

No-one is tying you down to read them.

And it's not as if the internet is going to run out of space.

mayorquimby Wed 29-Jun-11 17:06:41

I'm just perplexedas to why people who blog think anyone gives a fuck what they think.

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 17:07:26

I think its just a case of finding what you like. I see blogs as a substitute for buying magazines. Some like the one trillian has linked to are very well written and a pleasure to read. Others have given me great ideas as I like creative blogs. Fair enough if the 'mummy blogs' bore you, there are millions of others out there. I find it facinating to read about mums like me in Austrailia, Montana, Paris, New York, Switzerland (just to name a few), so many different lifestyles but often encountering the same issues mums do the world over. If you arent interested click on something else, but don't slag someones life I'm sure its quite important to them.

NettoSuperstar Wed 29-Jun-11 17:12:00

I like food blogs.

Empusa Wed 29-Jun-11 17:25:09

"No-one is tying you down to read them."

Don't you know Trillian, this poor person obviously suffers from x-blindness, a very serious condition which stops them from being able to click on the red x in the corner of the screen and shut the browser (yes, I am ignoring the Apple users, you sick perverts wink)

It's a terrifying affliction which forces them to read websites they have no interest in, it also has an unfortunate side effect which means they then have to immediately go onto another website to complain about the content, wrongly believing that
a) anyone gives a fuck
and
b) that the original website was aimed at them in the first place

nickschick Wed 29-Jun-11 17:31:10

There is a blogger whose first name is Cherry ....whats her name again?

OTheHugeManatee Wed 29-Jun-11 17:52:30

Let's not start on Cherry [redacted] please. Last time I looked at her site I had The Rage for three whole days, and still can't look at a piece of ruined 'restored' antique furniture painted F&B white without foaming at the mouth.

OTHM <-- needs to get out more

nickschick Wed 29-Jun-11 17:55:19

oh grin ive found it anyway its here grin......ive just been reading with wild exhileration how her father repaired the rope on her vintage clothes airer ....my life is just full of excitement .....

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 18:00:20

Cherrys latest posts have been about her beloved husband and father of their 1 year old Twins just being recently diagnosed with lukemia. She has been inundated with her blog readers good wishes.

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 18:02:42

Mickeyjohn, is post on here not just a random persons ramblings? confused t on here not just a random persons ramblings? confused

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 29-Jun-11 18:03:18

Agreed. There's a poster here called 'custard' (or something), she has a good blog about low carbing.

MmeLindor. Wed 29-Jun-11 18:04:09

<waves at Trillian>

Thanks for linking to my blog. You lot be nice or I will huff and puff.

grin

No, tbh. I am not bothered. I know that not everyone likes blogs and if you don't then don't read it.

Plenty of people do read blogs, which is why they are written.

And my scones were monumentally bad.

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 18:04:38

Bloody iphone! That should read, ' is every post on here not just a random persons ramblings?'

queenmaeve Wed 29-Jun-11 18:06:18

Mmelindor i am always jealous of your writting skills smile

MmeLindor. Wed 29-Jun-11 18:06:35

Oh, if anyone is interested then here is the mummyblogger post

MmeLindor. Wed 29-Jun-11 18:07:15

Thank you, Queenmaeve. Love the name. Are we supposed to bow out of the thread backwards?

motherinferior Wed 29-Jun-11 18:08:35

Mostly, I have to say, YANBU. Vanity publishing, blogs. Some people obviously can write, but errr most can't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now