Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to leave my job?

(9 Posts)
ImperialBlether Wed 29-Jun-11 14:21:43

I have a new line manager who calls us "guys" and tries to make us high five her.

I can't go on.

Flojo1979 Wed 29-Jun-11 14:23:06

biscuit

LittleOneMum Wed 29-Jun-11 14:24:11

Oh, no. HATE that sort. Does she also set up 'nights out' down at your local karaoke bar?

Euphemia Wed 29-Jun-11 14:25:57

Oh jeepers. Resign forthwith.

ImperialBlether Wed 29-Jun-11 14:47:04

I just can't be doing with enforced jollity. She's from a PE background (we work in a college) and maybe that's what they do there, but I can't be doing with team building when I'm really, really busy.

Why the biscuit? Is that acceptable behaviour from my boss?

Euphemia Wed 29-Jun-11 15:26:44

In my workplace there is an annual "away day" where about 20 minutes' work is done and the rest of the time is spent eating, drinking and taking advantage of the leisure facilities of the hotel we're staying in.

Sounds great until you remember it's your workmates you're going to be away with, not anyone you actually like or want to spend time with. confused

I hate hate hate them and always have workmates telling me IABU, as if it's impossible to treat yourself to a spa day or a nice meal IN REAL LIFE - your only opportunity is once a year when the boss is paying for it!

This year the boss excelled herself by having us play Twister, Buckaroo and other "fun" games in the name of "team building". Help.

Ripeberry Wed 29-Jun-11 15:30:06

Much better than having a bullying boss. You are being very unreasonable grin
Enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

Illegitimate Wed 29-Jun-11 15:31:00

Soon she will call you hun...

Euphemia Wed 29-Jun-11 15:39:40

Oh man I had a bullying boss a few years ago and he was wayyyy worse than "Buckaroo" woman. That really was an awful work situation.

He behaved like a big toddler: constantly attention-seeking and getting in your face if you tried to ignore him. Bitched about you behind your back (OK, not so much like a toddler there!), put you down, made insinuations about you fancying other members of staff.

He looked like this and when I went to HR to get advice on what to do about him, all they could say was "Are we talking about sexual harrassment here?" hmm Dude couldn't have sexually harrassed his way out of a wet paper bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now