Talk

Advanced search

to be really upset that I can't afford new jeans!

(27 Posts)
PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 13:08:01

I ruined my only decent pairs of jeans yesterday by ripping them whilst teaching my dd to do gymnastics! Of course I should have changed first but it was spur of the moment gymnastics, not premeditated.

I am so skint that I can't even afford to buy them off Ebay! To try to raise the money I am selling some other things on Ebay but not sure they will get a decent enough price to cover the listing fees and charges etc.

I LOVED THOSE JEANS! sad

HellonHeels Wed 29-Jun-11 13:10:17

Where did they rip? Can you mend it?

GypsyMoth Wed 29-Jun-11 13:10:20

£11.99 in new look,by the time you've won an ebay auction and paid postage,i dont see how you can get cheaper !

greycircles Wed 29-Jun-11 13:12:28

Asda do very cheap jeans, under a fiver I think.

clit Wed 29-Jun-11 13:12:33

I bought some skinnies in Tesco the other weekf or £8.

AgentZigzag Wed 29-Jun-11 13:12:45

It's really difficult to find that tenner for something extra sometimes, are you normally this skint or have 10 billion things turned up all at once that need paying for?

Shitty though, I get emotionally attached to my jeans too grin

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Wed 29-Jun-11 13:13:35

I got some brand new oasis jeans from charity shop for a fiver the other day. Any decent charity shops near you?

Punkatheart Wed 29-Jun-11 13:14:11

Levis in a local charity shop. £2.99.

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 13:18:39

In reply:

The charity shops around here are good for children and older people but not so good for my age.

We are normally this skint yes. Paying off debt and small children etc, trying to get back to work but I work from home and it's not easy. Have recently moved as well and that throws up so many expenses.

Might try Asda. Thing is I usually wear quite flared one's to balance out my bottom and you can't get them everywhere.

They ripped RIGHT across the bum (have very round bottom and top of thighs but I'm not very large. My jeans are usually slightly strained in this area!). If it were along a seam I would just sew them up.

I had second favourite jeans but they were so worn out in my problem area they have have practically disintergrated!

AgentZigzag Wed 29-Jun-11 13:20:14

I'd buy clothes from charity shops, but it's even more time consuming than 'normal' shopping because of all the different sizes/shapes/stock (I've got long legs and it's difficult to get trous to fit), and you've got to keep going back again and again to see what they've got in.

Not ideal when you've got a 'I've got too much energy for one small bod to contain' 18 MO grin

wimpybar Wed 29-Jun-11 13:28:02

what sort of jeans were they? maybe someone has a spare pair grin i seem to overbuy jeans then don't wear them

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 13:28:36

I know Agent! I also find that I end up buying things because they are the best in the shop not because they are what I need. So in comparison to everything else they look good then when I get them home they are shit. So I end up redonating things!

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 13:30:02

wimpybar I don't really know as I bought them off Ebay and they had no label in. They didn't fit for about a year and then eventually I slimmed into them. Got a feeling the listing may have said River Island but the styles in their change so don't suppose I'd get the same ones sad

Kveta Wed 29-Jun-11 13:33:01

sainsburys have ok jeans for under a tenner. Also, DH and I have decided to only wear joggy bottoms or leggings at home when pratting about with DS to preserve our nicer clothes! I'm far less annoyed at a small child wiping his nose on cheapo joggers than I am when he tries it on my jeans!

mollymole Wed 29-Jun-11 14:02:48

where are you - i have a nearly new pair of Next S12 petite - bootcut you can have cos i just never feel 'right' in them if they will fit you -

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 14:10:15

That's so nice of you molly. Just had someone else message me with the offer of a pair as well. I am a 10 though. sad

Honestly though I did just start the thread for a moan, I hope no one thinks I was on the scrounge!

spiderslegs Wed 29-Jun-11 14:15:41

I've got a pair of French connection flared ones (not super flared though) in a size 10 that were just about to go off to the charity shop - are in perfect nic if you're interested???

(no-one thinks you're on the scrounge).

ednurse Wed 29-Jun-11 14:16:26

I wear the Primark slim fit/skinny jeans. £8 a pair and as good as the Topshop ones!

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 14:17:14

spiderslegs They sound fab!

spiderslegs Wed 29-Jun-11 14:22:33

Excellent - PM me your address - will post them on Friday when I'm in town (think I may have two pairs, will have a rootle).

meaniemo Wed 29-Jun-11 14:28:33

im no longer a 10 sad I have 3 pairs of Gap size 10s, black bootcut, 2 blue long and leans. If you want them id rather they went to a good home then sat in my drawer...

luvvinlife Wed 29-Jun-11 14:33:17

What a fab gesture Spider......

PrettyMeerkat Wed 29-Jun-11 14:36:06

Aren't people lovely!

(Have pm'd you meaniemo)

Rockerchic Wed 29-Jun-11 16:00:18

There are some fab people on here, that's made me smile smile

issey6cats Wed 29-Jun-11 16:07:43

asda bootleg or flared jeans at £12 a pair are fab i have converted to these good quality and good fit, im a size ten too and they fit me ace and they do standard short or long length leg too so fit almost everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now