Talk

Advanced search

tesco clubcard

(7 Posts)
risingstar Wed 29-Jun-11 12:48:27

i ordered £135 of vouchers to pay for a hotel break. i carefully read the terms and conditions of the offer. you cant book until you have the vouchers, limited availability etc. However, it also said that the vouchers can be used for any thing else that is not "pay in full."

long story short- vouchers arrived, no breaks available. Not too concerned as of course like any family can use these up on the odd day out.

however, there is one £100 voucher, I have looked and looked and can't find anything to use this on- all the really expensive things ( like lego land) you have to get their own pay in full vouchers for. you can also no longer use them for restaurants

aibu to think that it should not be beyond tesco to head off a potential problem and issue a mix of values- esp on something that has limited availability? there is no such thing as a £100 note for a good reason.

also aibu to expect an actual response from them within 2 weeks of emailing a complaint to them?

gallicgirl Wed 29-Jun-11 12:54:04

YANBU

I'd be firing off another complaint too. Try copying in the CEO to get a quicker response: philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

The email came from another website so not sure how accurate it is but quick google search shows he's only had the job a year so is probably still there.

Wafflepuss Wed 29-Jun-11 13:00:00

There is such a thing as a £100 note. [pedant]

But agree with you on the rest!

risingstar Wed 29-Jun-11 13:11:39

waffle- is there really? am i showing my true self by not knowing of its existenceblush

Adversecamber Wed 29-Jun-11 13:13:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twolittlemonkeys Wed 29-Jun-11 13:18:12

Yes they will cancel it and refund it if you ring them up then send it back to them recorded delivery. They were happy to refund one for me last year (again it was a £100 one - who thought that was a good idea?)

Wafflepuss Wed 29-Jun-11 13:26:17

http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/banknoteapp/img/rbs100.jpg

Certainly is. though I can't imagine going to the chippy on a Saturday night and trying to pay with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now