Talk

Advanced search

another week another scratch..

(12 Posts)
Flojo1979 Wed 29-Jun-11 09:37:09

AIBU.....or obsessive!... to spot yet another long blooded scratch down my DD chest and think that this shouldnt still be happening. DD (2.5y) goes to nursery 2 days a wk (room of 2-3 yr olds), last wk i posted that it had happened 4 times in 4 wks (once a wk) and then this wk when i take her it happens again. Do i continue to send her when clearly the 'safe environment' they r providing isnt as safe as I'd like, or am i being a fussy mother and kids will be kids?
For those who havent read past thread, I've been told it isnt just one child doing the scratching, it isnt just my child getting scratched and my DD isnt retaliating and 2 of the 5 went unnoticed by staff.
Should i be bothered? or is it 2 yr olds being 2 yr olds?

BeerTricksPotter Wed 29-Jun-11 13:31:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HerHissyness Wed 29-Jun-11 13:38:56

Have you spoken to the people that run this? Any scratch or incident happening at my DS nursery was reported to me.

You need to flag this up with them and tell them to keep an eye.

HerHissyness Wed 29-Jun-11 13:39:25

Could it be a piece of equipment doing it? slide?

PissesGlitter Wed 29-Jun-11 13:41:30

i would be having a word with the staff if it is happening this often

worraliberty Wed 29-Jun-11 13:45:50

Did you ask the staff to send a letter out asking parents to make sure they send their children in with very short nails?

It not only cuts down on scratches, it's more hygenic anyway.

Flojo1979 Wed 29-Jun-11 14:22:01

I have spoke to the staff, hence their replies in original post. Not sure i can do much more.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 29-Jun-11 14:27:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flojo1979 Wed 29-Jun-11 14:37:19

It is possible ish, generally shes happy there, she goes in smiling. And I'm torn between thinking thats it I'm taking her out and whether if i moved her it'd just happen there and whether i'm being OTT.
There is nowhere to move her to really, she'd go nuts, shes very wary of strangers and gets clingy if anyone so much as says hello in tesco.
She'll move up to next room in sept, but i suspect so will the child (maybe more than one).

Flojo1979 Wed 29-Jun-11 14:39:30

She doesnt need to be at nursery as such, I only work a couple of hrs on that day. Its more to give me a break and as shes so clingy to peel her off my leg!

Flojo1979 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:00:51

Well I picked her up from nursery yesterday and she had 3 fresh stripes down her face and about half a dozen little ones up her arm.
The nursery staff seem to have changed tactics, call me cynical. But they insist this time that my DD started it and the other child came off worse. R they just saying that cos they know how close i am to taking her out? Or maybe my DD has learnt thats how the others get their own way? or maybe I just sound like one of these mums whose kids can do no wrong? not my usual stance, believe me. Do I shut up n put up? Do i take her out? Do i ring nursery today and ask for more info on the incident?

DialMforMummy Thu 30-Jun-11 12:01:02

I don't think this is on. Whether your DD stared "it" or not. They should have an incident book where stuff like that should be logged. If the children have this amount of scratches, my feeling is they must have fought for a bit before the staff intervened.
If your DD starts "to learn to fight" at Nursery, I'd take her out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now