Talk

Advanced search

To ask why MN Towers have deleted a handy shortcut?

(15 Posts)
echt Wed 29-Jun-11 08:52:48

You know, the blue bar under the logo which would always put up my faves. Now I have to tediously go to All Topics and find what I want.

Boo hoo.

Or is this like supermarkets who change the aisles to get you to buy some shite you'd never thought of before?

Like Teens or Baby Names.

wordsonapage Wed 29-Jun-11 08:55:31

I've never even noticed it ...
Mind you my topics list it getting shorter and shorter

I,ve even ditched camping and the ever contentious super furry animals

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 29-Jun-11 09:03:57

They said it's to try and stop people posting everything in AIBU. They think if they have to go to all topics then they'll find the appropriate topic subject for their thread.

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 29-Jun-11 09:04:55

And yes YABU, this should of been in Site Stuff... <snorts>

wink

LaWeasel Wed 29-Jun-11 09:05:37

Have you got a most visited menu on your browser? It's my own personal shortcut list.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 29-Jun-11 09:07:23

I just go to 'I'm On' and then click straight into AIBU or Chat

PinotsEvilTwin Wed 29-Jun-11 09:11:41

I normally press End button as most is listed at the bottom down there.

FruStefanLindman Wed 29-Jun-11 09:12:05

YANBU. I noticed this last night. They haven't totally deleted it, though. But they seem to have taken out AIBU and Chat when you hover over Talk, so now you need to click on All Topics before you can find them - as you said, OP.

Teens is under Bump To Teens, though.

I've noticed over the last few days there's been much debate, on some threads, about MNHQ moving a few threads from AIBU into Chat - perhaps they, and some MNers, are getting fed up with people posting in the wrong Topic, so they're just making it a bit more hard work to find the topic that you want?

Omigawd Wed 29-Jun-11 10:15:38

Its starting to work more like NetMums IMO.....

PaperView Wed 29-Jun-11 10:18:35

scroll to the bottom - it's top of the list down there on the left

HowlingBitch Wed 29-Jun-11 10:20:37

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page. First thing under Popular forums but shh don't tell them! wink

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 29-Jun-11 10:22:50

Because there was something of an uprising about the number of posts in AIBU which were actually nothing to do with asking if posters were BU, but posted there because the original poster wanted a high traffic topic to draw attention to their post.

Oh, and YABVU to post this here. Why not in site stuff or chat?

Rockerchic Wed 29-Jun-11 10:35:40

I noticed it lastnight but it's no big deal just scroll down and all the topics will come up but should this have really been posted in AIBU?
I see MN towers point that AIBU is a dumping ground for everything due to larger traffic.

echt Wed 29-Jun-11 11:26:09

No, it's quite reasonable to be in AIBU - it's about very general access.

And I'm inconvenienced. Busy woman, you know. grin

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 29-Jun-11 11:40:38

So you knew you were being unreasonable. Why did you bother asking if you didn't want to hear YABU?

Moan moan whinge and bitch ...

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now