Talk

Advanced search

to <3 John Stewart?

(21 Posts)
LolaRennt Wed 29-Jun-11 00:40:12

I think I might genuinely love him

blackcurrants Wed 29-Jun-11 00:45:03

Get in line. He's MINE. I fell in love with him a bit in 2006 but it was his work in 2007-8 over the election that sealed the deal.

MINE I tell you!

YankNCock Wed 29-Jun-11 00:49:39

bah, he's MINE. I've been watching him since he started on The Daily Show. And I've hugged him and told him I loved him.

BTW, YABU to spell his name wrong. It's 'Jon'. grin

LolaRennt Wed 29-Jun-11 02:35:13

BTW, YABU to spell his name wrong. It's 'Jon'.

blush

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 29-Jun-11 04:55:16

I moved on to him after Jeremy Paxman got too old lost his shine. I think I might have a thing for intellectual, political, greying, Jewish men who write books and wear suits. <sigh> Must make a list for future reference.

JamieAgain Wed 29-Jun-11 06:16:20

Me too. DH has a Man-crush on him as well (don't tell anyone).

But the Daily Show's no longer on is it?

hazeyjane Wed 29-Jun-11 06:21:25

I think Jon Stewart is one of those people that it's ok for men to have a mancrush on, like Morrisey and Bruce Springsteen.

I sort of stopped watching The Daily Show after the election, it seemed to have peaked. I still love Jon Stewart though.

handsomeharry Wed 29-Jun-11 07:42:39

I think he is amazing - so funny. It's such a shame The Daily Show isn't on every day anymore. I still catch up on youtube. His tussles with Fox News and Bill O'reilly in particular are genius.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that he is pretty hot too. I love a clever man - so sexy.

plupervert Wed 29-Jun-11 10:27:17

What could be better than a good-looking satirist with a strong moral centre?

chubbly Wed 29-Jun-11 10:36:13

<swoon>
although for me it's like finding a friend's dad dashing, if I actually met him I'd be a giggling wreck.
grin

TarheelMama Wed 29-Jun-11 17:03:23

I love him sigh and have done since he took over The Daily Show in 1999.

That's right ladies, our love affair is over a decade old. DH has also come to love him. He is a man it's safe to have a man crush on.

I do love an intelligent man.

thestringcheeseincident Wed 29-Jun-11 17:04:59

God I miss him. Stupid More 4.

He is HILARIOUS and always on my fantasy dinner party list. Sigh.

JamieAgain Wed 29-Jun-11 17:47:44

Did it not get the viewing figures then? Because DH and I watched it every night. The British political system could do with such a brilliant satirical programme to kick it up the arse. (A funny one, not Rory Bremner)

JamieAgain Wed 29-Jun-11 17:51:14

You know what I loved about the programme as well ? - he interviewed women very well. Had female guests on who were very intelligent and funny - the historian for instance.

He could respect me any day

Phoaar

WineAndPizza Wed 29-Jun-11 17:53:06

No no no YADNBU!! I love him.

LolaRennt Wed 29-Jun-11 18:30:28

I have moved back to the states and can bask in his glow whenever I feel

[sigh emoticon]

blackcurrants Wed 29-Jun-11 19:02:42

Yep, I'm in America too and so DH and I can passionately share our love (for Jon Stewart) four times a week!

grin

JamieAgain Wed 29-Jun-11 19:45:06

Jon seems t be the top choice for a three-way. Oooer

LolaRennt Wed 29-Jun-11 19:48:03

Think DH would take some convinicing there... ooh but it would be worth it!

ByTheSea Wed 29-Jun-11 19:48:53

I miss him so much. The global edition is just not the same...

sayanythingRogerjustrogerme Wed 29-Jun-11 21:25:02

You can watch drool over him www.thedailyshow.com/. And it's bound to peak again with the Republican primaries starting up. Jon Stewart v Michele Bachman, ah, it shall be glorious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now