Talk

Advanced search

To hate the mouse my Mum bought me?

(11 Posts)
QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:00:58

Long story short my mum nicked our mouse a while back after visiting for an extended period (she took it home with her along with her own one)

We realised this when our other mouse broke and we couldn't find our original. So my mum bought us a new one and had it delivered. All fine exept she got us some fancy gaming mouse, and it has a couple of extra little buttons just above where your thumb goes. When you bump this button it goes back to the previous web page you were looking at. I have now lost SEVERAL long MN posts due to bumping this damn button, or DD kicking my hand making me press it. Just lost a post on the 'getting to know you' thread, right after laboriously copy/pasting all the bloody questions.

So AIBU to get really annoyed with the blasted thing?

iMemoo Tue 28-Jun-11 23:01:58

I actually thought you were talking about an actual mouse!

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:04:31

Eh I did consider clarifying that point, but am too worried about bumping the button and losing what I'm typing mid-post <<sigh>>

TurkeyBurgerThing Tue 28-Jun-11 23:05:37

Hahaha so did I! Oh dear.

IWannaGetFiscal Tue 28-Jun-11 23:05:42

I thought you meant real mouse too :-)

Trinaluce Tue 28-Jun-11 23:09:00

Just a thought - if you go to the mouse settings bit in the control panel of your pc, will it let you disable those functions?

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:09:38

grin I used to have a pet mouse incidentally. It peed everywhere. My dog was much more fun.

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:11:35

Nope nothing under mouse settings that would disable those buttons sad

DogsBestFriend Tue 28-Jun-11 23:18:04

I thought you meant a pet mouse too! I was thinking it was an odd thing for a mum to buy an adult daughter! grin

It may help if you use Firefox as unlike IE it doesn't lose everything you've typed and haven't yet posted. You might accidentally move onto another webpage but if you press the back button when using FF you find your words still there and waiting to be sent.

Lonnie Tue 28-Jun-11 23:18:43

YANBU but seriously buy a new one smile

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:35:11

dogs Hmm, might revert to firefox usage.

lonnie I would but as my dad would say 'I'm so broke I can't pay attention'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now