Talk

Advanced search

To be drinking red wine

(38 Posts)
ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 22:48:19

listening to classic FM, feeling decadent and think I'm beautiful! God, I love red wine! Anyone else feeling at one with the world? grin

Rockerchic Tue 28-Jun-11 22:51:14

Pour us one

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 22:54:03

Have a large one Rocker, it's a beautiful red (half price in Sainsbury's). I just don't want the night to end! smile Classic FM has the most beautiful music on tonight - I defy anyone to dislike it.

worraliberty Tue 28-Jun-11 22:55:26

YABU

Red wine is the Devil's period.

It looks all pretty and inviting..like a glass of Ribena on a Summer's day. The light shining through it...creating a kind of tranquil red prettiness to view the world through.

Then you drink it and the bastard strangles your tastebuds with it's God awful nasty fecking taste hmm

Anyone want to join me in a glass of chilled white? grin

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 22:57:55

Come on worra, there's no need to dampen my beautiful, serene and calm spirits. I'll allow you the chilled beauty that is white wine (another favourite of mine). smile I've jsut opened a packet of hand cooked crisps, mature cheddar and caramelised onion - does it get any better than this! Oh joy of joys. I'm truly in an angelic mood tonight.

Popbiscuit Tue 28-Jun-11 23:00:02

Red wine is good for your soul. White wine gives you cellulite; 'tis like mainlining sugar into your bloodstream. Give it time worra; white was my gateway wine smile

Thingumy Tue 28-Jun-11 23:00:33

I've got white.

My tastebuds always go 'viiiinegar' if I drink red

Chin chin though!

IWannaGetFiscal Tue 28-Jun-11 23:02:13

<< White here. Also believe red is evil.

jennylindinha Tue 28-Jun-11 23:05:12

YADNBU

I have in my hand a large glass of red that is slipping down nicely. Trying to get over the misery of not being picked for the Wii competition...

Thankfully there is always wine - so that has made me feel better.

And you don't have to share it with the kids!

HowlingBitch Tue 28-Jun-11 23:06:25

Ahh yes I love white too. I'm enjoying a beautiful cold Sauvignon Blanc and browsing mumsnet on my beautiful new lap top (I am not boasting. I have been waiting for so long for it). I feel prettyyyyyy grin.

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:07:10

I love a glass of red wine. However, I'm currently indulging in a drop of rum.
DP bought it in a fit of guilt. He got a half bottle recently and I didn't get to drink any of it in the end.

I did a creditable Jack Sparrow impression though! 'why is the run gooooone?'

QueenofDreams Tue 28-Jun-11 23:07:34

rum even

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:07:36

My God, I've nearly drank the whole bottle. sad And, I've got work in the morning. I suspect my serenity may have gone by the morns morn! I do love a glass of red on the odd occasion though. That said, I'm a big fan of white too. Is anyone else listening to Classic FM? I'm currently listening to 'shindler's list' theme tune - can't remember the name of it but it's making me goosebump all over.

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:08:42

Howling bitch - we're like twins man! I've also got a new laptop - it's shiny and red. I'm also feeling pretty (and slim - skinny would have been going too far).

rubbersole Tue 28-Jun-11 23:09:18

Tried and tried and tried to get the lid off the wee half-bottle OH brought back from hotel last week. Cause it's a school night. Just couldn't manage it so had to open a full size Merlot. Ah well, I tried.

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:10:45

Barber's Adagio for Strings - that's what it was. Might not even have been shindlers' list - I think it was princess diana's funeral - no matter... it was lovely so it was.

celticlassie Tue 28-Jun-11 23:10:47

I'm jealous. Fancied white earlier (because the sun was out, unusually angry) so I'm drinking that. Now I fancy red instead.

Thingumy Tue 28-Jun-11 23:10:56

I only feel pretty on a friday night or the odd occasional saturday night both drunkard

<sniffs>

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:11:17

Rubber, I loves a merlot I does.

cerealqueen Tue 28-Jun-11 23:12:30

Pregnant. Can't drink wine. Am thinking about the first huge glass of red wine post birth. Am thinking about it a lot. Enjoy it! envy

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:12:44

Thingmuy... a red more often than not makes me feel pretty. I also feel flat stomached because I did an abs class last night - that also makes me feel pretty. Do some abs girlfriend, I promise it will make you feel pretty even when you're not drunkard. smile

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:13:51

Cereal, I'd rather have a baby in my tummy and the joy that comes at the end than a vineyard of my own red in waiting. Congratulations - I'm very envious!

spiderslegs Tue 28-Jun-11 23:14:03

Goldberg variations & an easy drinking red slip down quite easily

jennylindinha Tue 28-Jun-11 23:14:37

I'm watching the fabulous Imagine programme on BBC1 - it's fascinating!

Mmm rum, there's another good idea. I love a drop of rum too. Might have to raid the cabinet.

ilovepesto Tue 28-Jun-11 23:15:47

spiderslegs, I don't know Goldsberg but I loves the harpsichord and a bit 'o' Bach, so bring it on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now