Talk

Advanced search

To remind you all that there are more PCSU members striking than NUT or ATL?

(6 Posts)
NorfolkNChance Tue 28-Jun-11 14:46:20

PCSU covers

Benefits and welfare advice
Border and immigration
Coastguards
Courts service
Customs
Defence maintenance and support
Information technology
Police support
Royal palaces
Security
State pensions
Taxation

750,000 members of this union will be out on June 30th and beyond, just to try and address a balance to the teacher bashing threads.

vj32 Tue 28-Jun-11 14:50:37

Does that include job centre staff? They seem to strike often. To be fair, its a shit job and I wouldn't want to do it.

meditrina Tue 28-Jun-11 14:53:23

Perhaps now you've posted in AIBU, there will be a bit more interest than in the previous thread (I felt rather lonely that no-one wanted to talk to me there sad

PssstOverHere Tue 28-Jun-11 15:02:19

Most people will be more affected by the teachers striking though so they get more of the attention. Most families won't be affected by coastguards going on strike, they will be affected by the local school being closed and having to find childcare for the day.

I'm in support of the strikes by the way, but just think that its the nature of the thing that the schools striking will get more publicity. I mean, who really cares if defence maintenance and support people don't work one day??

Hulababy Tue 28-Jun-11 15:05:42

But those other wones don't cause an inconvience for the parents, hence they aren;t really that bother - imo anyway.

Tchootnika Tue 28-Jun-11 17:00:11

Thank you, Norfolk.... very reasonable - smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now