Talk

Advanced search

Webknobs and Broomsticks...

(22 Posts)
Bast Tue 28-Jun-11 14:30:46

Witching and bitching seem rife here today!

Why?!

CQrrrnee Tue 28-Jun-11 14:31:17

eh? where?

TrilllianAstra Tue 28-Jun-11 14:31:45

And stitching and itching?

ShirleyKnot Tue 28-Jun-11 14:31:46

WHERE? I've been talking about sex, storms and lipstick confused

EdnaTheInebriate Tue 28-Jun-11 14:33:59

Sounds like you've got your autobiography title sorted there Shirley grin

PinotNoirEvilKittens Tue 28-Jun-11 14:35:22

Come on, if there is bitching we want to see.

If you are complaining about some mild disagreements we also want to see so we can that "that's not a knife, THAT'S a knife"

OracleInaCoracle Tue 28-Jun-11 14:41:45

YABU.

ShirleyKnot Tue 28-Jun-11 14:44:37

Sex, Storms and Lipstick.

You're right - that is a terrific book title Edna!

Bast Tue 28-Jun-11 14:45:34

MNers accusing each other of being sex offenders, others attacking a pregnant woman following a physical attack, etc

I appear to be finding AIBU a little more U than usual!

Lissie, YABU yerself grin

MadYoungCatLady Tue 28-Jun-11 14:48:29

I know one thread OP is talking about. I think its something to do with posting in AIBU and then not accepting when you are told YABU! Why post here if you don't want to be told?

Bast Tue 28-Jun-11 14:51:27

MadYoungCatLady, I agree with the 'why post' sentiment. It just seems some recent posts are positively and unnecessarily vitriolic.

Must be becoming a lightweight in my old age but I find it grim reading!

ShirleyKnot Tue 28-Jun-11 14:51:47

I think you just get days when you open the "wrong" threads. I've spent the day looking at fun stuff, but I did have a day a couple of weeks ago, where every thread I opened was HORRID

Bast Tue 28-Jun-11 14:52:47

Shirley, you're probably right smile

MadYoungCatLady Tue 28-Jun-11 14:56:33

<wanders off to google check in dictionary for 'vitriolic'>

OracleInaCoracle Tue 28-Jun-11 14:58:40

mn is weird, but I blame posting in AIBU when it isnt an AIBU. the AIBU forum is too big now and people use the board heading as an excuse to be twats.

poster 1 "AIBU: my dh called me a fat cow and is slepping with a goat, Im devastated"

poster 2 "YANBU, how dare he?"

poster 3 "YABU, pull yourself together. you've obviously let yourself go. god, women like you piss me right off"

poster 1 "that was uncalled for, Im really upset"

poster 3 "well, its your own fault for putting it in AIBU, what did you expect? if you want sympathy, fuck off to netmums"

SarahBumBarer Tue 28-Jun-11 15:08:23

There are a couple of posters (new) that I do not recognise with really odd attitudes and confrontational ways of expressing their opinion. Oddly enough there were a few new posters with similarly odd (inflammatory one might say) opinions a few months ago who seem to have disappeared now! Coincidence? [mysterious]

I don't mind people using AIBU for a bit of a rant but if you're then told YABU you need to take it on the chin a bit and CHILL. I prefer that to a "Oh yes hun YANBU" thread.

MadYoungCatLady Tue 28-Jun-11 15:16:39

I'm new but blinking hate confrontation I must say. But I do love the honesty of MNers! Much better than rl when people just agree with you and offer sympathy when all you want is a bloody honest answer!

Lissielou - you read my thread!!!

charliejosh Tue 28-Jun-11 15:20:15

lissielou - do I know you from an unnamed forum you and i have frequented in the past?

Bast Tue 28-Jun-11 15:21:14

By life and by board, I'm assertive and occasionally cutting and quite happy to receive the same.

But the vitriol!

Today, I want to hide behind a cushion while reading MN.

Lissie, a perfect synopsis!

OracleInaCoracle Tue 28-Jun-11 15:33:50

charliejosh, i dont think so. mn is the forum I use. I have used FF a couple of times though

charliejosh Tue 28-Jun-11 15:41:42

oh, just a coincidence then - your posts are of a similar tone and user name is familiar

OracleInaCoracle Tue 28-Jun-11 15:43:06

madyoung, grin

charliejosh, must be. I am here a LOT though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now