Talk

Advanced search

To be furious school shouted at me in the corridor!

(73 Posts)
veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 10:18:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SenoritaViva Tue 28-Jun-11 10:21:38

I would make a complaint to the governors / LEA.

CQrrrnee Tue 28-Jun-11 10:23:25

I don't know your story but that sounds awful. So unprofessional.

GeekCool Tue 28-Jun-11 10:23:49

That's truly awful. Whatever he thinks, shouting it out in a corridor for all to hear is outrageous and you should definitely complain.

risingstar Tue 28-Jun-11 10:24:23

the man is a twunt.

just dont take her back. i got to the final straw with dd2s school. i told her to get in the car, give them a big wave and smile because she was never going there again.

dont put yourself through it.

itisnearlysummer Tue 28-Jun-11 10:24:28

If this is an accurate account of what happened take it to the governors.

If you're not happy with the outcome, report it to Ofsted.

shelscrape Tue 28-Jun-11 10:24:51

No idea what the back story is here .... but if that's how the head treats people, no wonder you want to move her

roadkillbunny Tue 28-Jun-11 10:28:09

Knowing patches of the back story here I would be tempted to withdraw her now and have her home until you move and she starts her new school, it is only a few weeks and being there seems more detrimental to her then a few weeks at home, in fact a few weeks at home would be very good for her, she needs to try and get this terrible school out of her system ready for her fresh start. Whatever you do, please complain, even if what he said were true there is never an excuse to be shouting it at a parent in the corridor!

veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 10:28:32

GooseyLoosey Tue 28-Jun-11 10:29:39

Wow and wow again. The head spoke to you like that without any provocation?

I would write down the conversation now as near as you can remember it. If anyone else was there who heard any of it, ask them if they will verify your version of events.

Write a very calm letter, sticking to the facts only without be judgemental or critical and as SenoritaVita suggested, send it to the Govenors and LEA. I would send it asap and ask for a meeting to discuss the issues which arise out of this incident. I would ask for a meeting without the head there as his behaviour is intimidating or at least not there for the whole meeting. If the head was present, I suspect any discussion would be confrontational rather than productive.

worraliberty Tue 28-Jun-11 10:33:22

I think you'll soon find out if any of the Head's points have any truth to them once your DD is settled in her new school.

Right now, it must be impossible to tell what's 'down to her' and what's 'down to the school' if you see what I mean.

Just ignore the twunt or report him...then don't look back.

DogsBestFriend Tue 28-Jun-11 10:33:48

OFSTED. Any HT who shouts at parents like that needs sorting. The man's deranged!

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 28-Jun-11 10:35:12

You could be the world's biggest PITA and the head shouting at you like that would be bang out of order. Obv. assuming your story is accurate (I'm not calling you a liar, but please understand that what you're telling us is so extraordinary that one is bound to be a little bit hmm ) then clearly YANBU and absolutely need to complain.

And what the bloody hell has the RAF got to do with anything? confused

ZZZenAgain Tue 28-Jun-11 10:36:51

but this must just strengthen your resolve to move your dd and show you very clearly, if you had any doubt at all, that this school is not the right place for your dd

veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 10:38:35

veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 10:41:42

veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 10:44:07

DogsBestFriend Tue 28-Jun-11 10:44:54

Jenai, barring the being shouted at the OP's story isn't extraordinary at all. Not only have I been through a very similar experience with a child bullied and called a liar, a school in denial, but many, many hundreds or thousands of parents have too, as many charities for bullied children will testify.

Verity is there any reason why you can't just remove DD right now? Literally, NOW, just walk into the classroom and say come on DD, we're out of here!c Legally, as long as you inform the HT in writing and provide DD with an education, at school or otherwise, you can do so. Is anything stopping you?

ZZZenAgain Tue 28-Jun-11 10:44:57

really I know it is upsetting to be screamed at but don't waste your energy thinking about this school anymore. It was a mistake but hopefully things are better from now on. Who knows why the head does what he does?

ZZZenAgain Tue 28-Jun-11 10:45:21

maybe she has to work so can't look after dd

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 10:47:52

He sounds like a very unpleasant man Verity, - I think you and DD are well out of there.

Well, if that's his management style, no wonder the school has problems...!

But it's a private school, isn't it? So presumably losing a pupil has more financial impact for him than if it were state. Hence the inappropriate over-reaction maybe.

Insomnia11 Tue 28-Jun-11 10:56:14

I don't think any child is "lazy" FWIW. If they aren't working to their potential this is usually because there is some issue somewhere.

Yes, the man sounds terrible OP, you would be well out of there.

veritythebrave Tue 28-Jun-11 11:01:03

porcamiseria Tue 28-Jun-11 11:02:12

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! terrible, complain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now