Talk

Advanced search

I wrote to BBC Trust new chief Chris Patten..Told him qwhat was wrong

(16 Posts)
GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 09:56:04

Chris Patten is said to be "a tory with a conscience" (Is that a contradiction in terms.?)

Anyway, I told Patten, (he handed over Hong Kong, remember?) the BBC had too many broadcasters on enormous salaries. (Some with two or three jobs.) I LIKE To think of the BBC as more civilisded than big business.

Chris Patten s job at the TRUST is tio make that a reality. I have told him that, and dropped the lovely Gabby Logans name into the debate.

After all, thew BBC TRUST is supposed to be on the side of the listener and viewer....PROVE IT, CHRIS PATTEN....root out the money grabbers/grubbers at the Beeb. Kick their arses out of the Corporation

BornInAfrica Tue 28-Jun-11 09:59:18

Oh God will it never stop??

biscuit

MinnieBar Tue 28-Jun-11 10:04:09

You've had a busy week haven't you Gabby?

I'd be fascinated to hear his standard letter reply.

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 10:15:34

Born in Africa. If you dont like debate you are in the wrong place. Back to the lavatory wall matey.

Minnie? I dont settle for STANDARD letter replies. The letter I sent was an OPEN LETTER (The press love them)

Nothjing more depressing Minnie than someone who has given up without even starting.

Cameron loves your sort.

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 10:16:30

While you're complaining to the BBC Gabby, could you ask them why, when reporting the death of actress Margaret Tyzack on the news last night, they showed pictures of a completely different actress (Sian Philips). ?

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 10:20:03

well, that would amuse me. It was a mistake. Who cares?

LadyThumb Tue 28-Jun-11 10:27:45

I bet you didn't complain about all the repeats the BBC constantly shows. After all, I pay my licence fee and I don't expect to get repeat after repeat after repeat!
I am sick of repeats!!

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 28-Jun-11 10:28:50

Gabby - you don't seem to have grasped the point of the AIBU topic.

KurriKurri Tue 28-Jun-11 10:30:00

Margaret's family and friends I suppose. Obviously not you. - Too busy with important things eh Gabby?

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 10:39:44

bibbity debate is debate is debate. full stop. try growing up darling; before its too late to

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 10:40:17

So many nitpickers, so few rationalisers

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Jun-11 10:40:48

Come on you brainboxes

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 28-Jun-11 10:42:52

YABU... Chris Patten is one of the good guys. If your letter was written in your usual tortured style I expect he'll have no idea what you're going on about.

BornInAfrica Tue 28-Jun-11 10:49:32

This is not debate though is it? This is The Clangers meet Jeremy Kyle as it always is when you post.

Stop drinking so early in the day.

Fifichef Tue 28-Jun-11 10:57:05

I'm sure that we can all come up with other things that the BBC wastes it's money on. Why did they feel it necessary to have BBC 3 and BBC4 on teli. Lots of the programmes on there are repeats and then there are a few really good new programmes which could easily replace the many repeats on 1 and 2. In my mind the 2 channels are quite sufficient and do require improvement so why not concentrate on those.
All the trailers that they produce cost and are really annoying to many of us. Some programmes start 5 mins. late by the time they've relayed all the crap inbetween! It's just as bad as adverts on ITV!

MinnieBar Tue 28-Jun-11 11:40:06

Are you suggesting I vote Tory? How very dare you.

<wanders off again>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now