Talk

Advanced search

to think MNHQ ...

(16 Posts)
Euphemia Mon 27-Jun-11 20:53:36

... needs to tell us all to use or lose the forums on here that are not AIBU or _Chat?

Maybe it's the heat yous cunts down south are getting but all the traffic seems to be on one of the two this week, and it's not appropriate!

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 20:55:28

It wouldn't bother me as I only post here. I've posted a couple of times in Relationships...but mainly here.

<I'm alright Jack emoticon>

BitOfFun Mon 27-Jun-11 20:56:54

I think they should dump all the topics, and just have two sections- Stuff About Kids, and Stuff Not About Kids. Then I can hide the one about children grin

MissVerinder Mon 27-Jun-11 20:57:59

I second BOF's suggestion.

Euphemia Mon 27-Jun-11 20:59:30

BOF grin

AnyFuleKno Mon 27-Jun-11 21:00:37

I think there should be one topic, just one, and it should be called 'hnnnnggggghhhhh€$><?!^€^#~#,%?^!'

agedknees Mon 27-Jun-11 21:16:44

There should be a wine drinkers forum.

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 21:18:40

I keep telling myself there should be a wine drinkers forum.

But then I think "Wait, don't listen to Worra...she's drunk" grin

fedupofnamechanging Mon 27-Jun-11 21:25:06

Thing is, you get sucked in and before you know it you've been here for hours.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Mon 27-Jun-11 21:40:59

agedknees there is - it's on cellartracker.com. Except you have to actually discuss the wine and its characteristics, and unfortunately 'this one's great, it got me really pissed' doesn't seem to go down well. Boring sods.
MN needs very few topics. They should be as follows:
Shit I don't want to talk about.
Shit I do want to talk about.
Shit

FellatioNelson Mon 27-Jun-11 21:50:43

I quite often post something in the relevent topic but it just sits there with tumbleweed around it then drops of the edge of the word, whereas in chat you know something will be seen. I do agree with you though, but I don't know what the answer is. I think perhaps the topics are slightly too diverse and specific.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 27-Jun-11 21:52:40

I never look at parenting forums, glance through teens sometimes though.
Within chat you could still do books, news, tv and stuff, a lot of it's in chat anyway.
I can't keep away from AIBU though, it's the one thread where I really get to know people's opinions, people don't hold back.
Which can be either a good thing or a disaster, though I think most people on MN self moderate and if people get too extreme it seems to be sorted very quickly.

FellatioNelson Mon 27-Jun-11 21:54:29

Actually I will retract that last statement. Although they may not get used much, the very niche topics have their uses and are a great deal of help for people looking for support from others with relevant experience and that may get lost in wider all-encompassing topics. But we just get lazy and post stuff in chat because we can. grin

Euphemia Tue 28-Jun-11 09:33:36

It's the non-AIBU stuff that creeps into AIBU that clutters it up and annoys me - I need to make more use of the "Hide this thread" option. Stuff like:

AIBU to like ice-cream?
There's a pigeon in my garden.
AIBU to ask you if I look like Princess Catherine in this dress?

hmm

TrilllianAstra Tue 28-Jun-11 09:36:00

There is a wine area. here

Pennybubbly Tue 28-Jun-11 09:39:17

Clutters it up?
So hide it then!
WHY does it matter so much to some people (not pointing fingers here) that they feel the need to jump on someone's thread and anounce YABU FOR POSTING IN AIBU!
Far more twattish imo.
But thats just me. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now