Talk

Advanced search

to think my younger sister is an inconsiderate little bitch

(32 Posts)
M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:21:40

And its mum who's made her like it!!!

Posted other day about sis and bf and working/child care issues.

Well today she hasn't had any child care so went banging on mums door (lives across road) to wake her up from working nights at 2pm telling her 'she IS looking after DN as she hasn't got cover' mum and stepdad looked after him. Mum asked her what she was planning on doing with DN next week when stepdad on afters (2-10shift) and sister said 'well your doing it mum'

I have just spoken to mum and said 'so what happens when you don't get to sleep till 9am cos your not that tired?' And she said 'well I'll have to manage won't I?'

I said and so if that was me saying to you your looking after my son because I don't agree with nurseries and I don't have anymore childcare, you would say no won't you? And she said 'well that's different your older!'

Seriously WTF?? My sister is an inconsiderate little bitch who doesn't give a rats arse about anyone else.

Arghhhhhh I could scream!!!!!!!!

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:23:45

Sorry should have said mum works nights 9pm-6.30am. But from august she'll be doing 8pm-7am.

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:23:45

Sorry should have said mum works nights 9pm-6.30am. But from august she'll be doing 8pm-7am.

Rockerchic Mon 27-Jun-11 20:25:42

Well as your mom let's her get away with it there's nothing that you can do.

Kvetch Mon 27-Jun-11 20:26:10

Yep. I can't see anything to disagree with there.

But, your mum's a bloody fool for letting the inconsiderate little bitch walk all over her. If mum won't stand up for herself I'm damned if I can see what you can do, save perhaps telling your sister exactly what she is. It won't help but it'll sure as feck make you feel better.

Yukana Mon 27-Jun-11 20:26:16

I think I'll have to say YANBU. Your mother isn't helping by doing everything your sister says on this matter. As for your younger sister, she's being highly inconsiderate and shouldn't think your mother will automatically be the childcare!

BitOfFun Mon 27-Jun-11 20:26:47

It hasn't got much to do with you though, has it? If your mum wanted to say no, I suppose she would.

TheProvincialLady Mon 27-Jun-11 20:29:27

Well your mum was no doubt the cause of it, and now she is reaping the benefit. If she has to be treated like a slave and not even allowed to sleep, that's her look out isn't it? Nothing to do with you.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 27-Jun-11 20:29:33

They sound like my sister and mum. My mum has had my DS overnight once and he's 5. She's never had DD. Apparently she's "busy"

She was my neice and nephew practically every weekend, even changes plans for her, it drives me mad

YANBU to be a litle annoyed about it, but there isn't much you can do but accept it if mum allows it

MsTeak Mon 27-Jun-11 20:32:38

more fool her. She should have slammed the door in her face, I would. If you lay down on the floor, people are going to walk all over you.

Cymar Mon 27-Jun-11 20:32:38

Sounds like your mum is a complete walkover and your sister has a major sense of entitlement.

Would your sister be likely to stop contact if your mum didn't mind her DC?

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:33:10

My mum won't say no because sis will threaten her with not seeing DN. I once asked mum (when she wasn't working) if she would be my child care for my DS1 cos MIL was moving to scotland I was working 3 days a week and couldn't afford childcare cos of debts sad. But mum said no to her looking after DS because 'he was too young!' He was 6mths old ffs!!

You could say I'm jealous but then I'm the one who mum moans at when sis goes off on one, or mums on phone crying me cos she's tired on nights and hates her job but needs the money. Looking after a 17mth old on top of that is going to make her feel worse! I'm just looking out for mum.

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:35:14

Should jave added that when mum said no to me I had to leave my job.

Omigawd Mon 27-Jun-11 20:51:20

I eagerly await stepdad telling your mum that enough's enough......

TooImmature2BMum Mon 27-Jun-11 20:55:06

I would actually be just as pissed off with your mum as with your sister. She won't look after your kids because 'you're older'? Why does she think that's fair? She ought to treat you both the same!

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:57:54

Stepdad is already at end of paitence but if he says owt out of line sister tells him its fuck all to do with him he isn't her dad. So SD keep shut to keep the peace! He doesn't get involved, mum has told him in the passed too that's its nowt to do with him sad.

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 20:57:54

Stepdad is already at end of paitence but if he says owt out of line sister tells him its fuck all to do with him he isn't her dad. So SD keep shut to keep the peace! He doesn't get involved, mum has told him in the passed too that's its nowt to do with him sad.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 21:01:48

There comes a point when you have to say to someone, look, carry on how you want to, but I am tired of hearing about it. If you are not willing to do anything, then fine, but stop trying to talk to me about it. Either take action, or stop moaning about it.

I know that sounds cruel, but sometimes you have to, because people get trapped in the wallowing, and sometimes they need a boot up out of it.

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 21:12:11

I just want my mum to realise she is walking all over her but she can't see it grrrrrr

fedupofnamechanging Mon 27-Jun-11 21:20:36

I have very little sympathy for your mum. I think it's appalling when a parent treats one of their children better than the other and I feel sad for you that you had to give up your job because your mum wouldn't help you, but you now have to stand by and watch her bending over backwards to accommodate your sister.

In your position I would tell my mum that I don't want to hear her moan about it as she has put herself in this position. I wouldn't hold back in reminding her that she didn't help you when you needed it, so you have no interest in helping her deal with this now.

I would stay out of it and let them sort it themselves. Sounds like your step dad will be kicking off about this soon enough.

I know my attitude come across as very 'Old Testament', but I can't abide favouritism.

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 27-Jun-11 21:21:12

could it be that your mum regrets not having your child, forcing you into leaving your job, and seeing you struggle......that she will have your niece.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 21:23:04

It's not that she can't, it's that she WON'T.

You can do even less about won't than can't.

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 21:27:34

Well I txt sister earlier asking who was having nephew next week when SDad on afters and she sent back 'mum' so I sent back 'tbh I don't think your being fair at all, mum works nights and sometimes finds it hard to sleep anyway and for you to wake her up half way through her sleep then your being selfish'

She sent back ' shall I just quit my job then to make you happy?'

Arghhhh now she's throwing the guilt in. I acnt win.

Think I might ring her 3am to get HER up! <Ponders that idea>

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 27-Jun-11 21:29:12

text back and say, take parental leave or unpaid leave

M0naLisa Mon 27-Jun-11 21:34:13

I justy got back from her why don't you get a job and stop bugging me so I sent back

Well I would but I don't have an onsite babysitter to drop on do I???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now