Talk

Advanced search

rows over ironing etc,

(17 Posts)
wrongdecade Mon 27-Jun-11 13:49:22

I live in, and becasue osf this I have to jusggle essentially three families every week with regard to my DC I live with DM.

I've had to look after my DC and disabled DS all week nearly and didnt get much ironing done, I told her when on return that I'll have to ctach up on MY ironing.

I came back and got a tirade of 'you know its not okay for me to do 2 hours of ironing'
I said you didn't have to I said leave mine and if it doesnt get done then its my problem, and she said most of it was mine.

and proceeded to have a go at me over silly things all night.

am BU for thinking she was tired cranky and just wanted to have a pop?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 13:51:08

You live with your mother?

Or is this a job where you live in?

Either way, if you're not happy. Move out.

Nixea Mon 27-Jun-11 13:52:07

Totally and utterly don't understand a word of that first paragraph - sorry. Do you mean you and the kids live with your DM and she was upset about the ironing not being done?

Not sure where the juggling 3 families bit comes in though :S

HerBeX Mon 27-Jun-11 13:56:06

Tell her if she doesn't want to do your ironing, not to do it. You don't like the smell of burning martyr.

RealityIsRoughlyTheSizeOfABoat Mon 27-Jun-11 13:56:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 27-Jun-11 13:57:03

I think maybe she means she has a job where she lives in (nanny?), also her own children, and also stays with her mum sometimes - thus juggling the three families.

Apart from that, i've got nothing.

wrongdecade Mon 27-Jun-11 13:59:51

I live with my 1 DC in my mums house

and at the weekend my mum makes me stop at my partners DP house so she can get studying done so becasue my parents have split I'm sort of a nomad between 3 diff families.

meltedchocolate Mon 27-Jun-11 14:06:25

Why don't you have your own house? I am very confused...

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 14:07:11

Ah.

Well, is there any way you could be your own family with your own child and find a place to live? That would solve the problem of having to bunk down wherever you can, and being in what must be a really horrible position for you of shoving your child from pillar to post.

Is there any way you can make that happen? Council? Save for a deposit? House share?

RealityIsRoughlyTheSizeOfABoat Mon 27-Jun-11 14:07:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumblechum1 Mon 27-Jun-11 14:07:55

Sounds like it's time to move out of your mother's house.

Nixea Mon 27-Jun-11 14:08:29

Is it your mum who has your "DC and disabled DS" while you're working? If so then maybe she was just feeling a little taken for granted. I know you said you'd do the ironing but it may have wound her up the fact that it was sitting in the house for so long IYSWIM?

WhoAteMySnickers Mon 27-Jun-11 14:10:37

Can't really make out what the situation is but it's time to get your own place, I'd say.

Nixea Mon 27-Jun-11 14:12:20

How old are you/DC/DP btw?

wrongdecade Mon 27-Jun-11 14:13:48

me & DP are looking to mocve out I was a teen mum so she told me to live with her, shes very helpful with helping us t6o look for somehwere its an entirely diff issue, but the fact that I am made to leave the house on a weekend sort of negates a lot of ironing confused

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 14:15:08

Yes, you need to look hard, it sounds like you may possibly have outstayed your welcome.

pengymum Mon 27-Jun-11 14:38:15

can't you take the ironing with you and do it at partner's house? If not then fold and put away in your room until you can do it. That way your mum doesn't have to look at it and get wound up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now