Talk

Advanced search

My thread was in AIBU but MNHQ have moved it to chat!

(38 Posts)

Is this common practice to move threads out of AIBU to chat or other topics or am I going slightly mad?

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 12:00:57

What thread was it? It does sound weird if you didn't ask for it to be moved?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 27-Jun-11 12:01:54

Is your thread 'To think life goes on after someone dies?' that's on page 2? Or is that thread by another Pumpernickel?

upahill Mon 27-Jun-11 12:05:20

Well was it more of a chat thread or was it AIBU?

It stinks of being very self important when people post in AIBU just to get conversation going. Y'know the sort of thing- AIBUto ask you if you like pinapples? Bloody irritating

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 12:07:03

But if that was the reason upahill, surely the IPOAT threads and others like it, would also be moved?

BitOfFun Mon 27-Jun-11 12:08:00

New policy <taps side of nose>...

upahill Mon 27-Jun-11 12:11:50

Yeah I see what you mean worraliberty.
Mind you they are annoying being in AIBU as well!!!! grin

Maryz Mon 27-Jun-11 12:14:19

They must be reading my mind shock.

Sorry Pumpernickel, but it was just after my post, so maybe I'm secretly Justine grin <<feels very powerful>>.

Is this a new policy, because there are another thousand dozen the same thinking could apply to.

TrilllianAstra Mon 27-Jun-11 12:15:24

Are you sure you didn't post it in Chat in the first place?

<senile>

TechLovingDad Mon 27-Jun-11 12:15:53

You clearly weren't unreasonable then!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 27-Jun-11 12:18:05

Was it actually an aibu? There are too many chat threads in aibu at the month.

Kestryn Mon 27-Jun-11 12:22:57

Maybe the real test of an AIBU thread is whether it can actually be answered YABU or YANBU and still make sense.

AIBU to wonder what your pet's name is?
YABU.

Enraha Mon 27-Jun-11 12:31:34

I'm inclined to agree there should be a bit of a tidy up of AIBU to keep it to the (hard-core) dilemmas, rather than general chit chat.

Sorry if it's made you cross Pumpernickel; but I remember when there were some great long-running threads in the Music topic.

TrilllianAstra Mon 27-Jun-11 12:35:42

I maintain that AIBU threads must be titled with a question

and it must be a question about something you are thinking or doing.

"AIBU to have been given a crap present?" makes no sense, because you had no control over being given the crap present.

"AIBU to think this present is crap?" or "AIBU to wish I hadn't been given this crap present?" or "AIBU to throw this crap prsent back in my sister's face?" all work.

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 12:38:27

Jeez you're asking a lot Trillian...most people can't manage to make a thread title without a typo in it! grin

OracleInaCoracle Mon 27-Jun-11 12:39:15

I hate the "there's more traffic in aibu" argument. If your thread is interesting it will get replies regardless of where it is. Plus a huge amount of mners hide aibu now. There are different topics for a reason

ShirleyKnot Mon 27-Jun-11 12:40:57

yyyyyyyyyyyyy to trilliamjn

AIBU to think this is really sad?

[linkjm to dead puppies]

STOP IT

Lorenz Mon 27-Jun-11 12:42:46

AIBU to wonder what to have for tea tonight?

YES!! how could you! evil bitch.

LaWeasel Mon 27-Jun-11 12:53:33

chat gets loads of traffic too, so it makes no sense anyway!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 27-Jun-11 13:04:07

Exactly

dickiedavisthunderthighs Mon 27-Jun-11 13:44:07

If it was the one asking what the first single people bought was then YABU not to expect to have it moved to chat.

Did you see what I did there?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 27-Jun-11 13:54:07

Sometimes they move them if the subject is a bit sensitive, as AIBU can attract some rather confrontational replies, so it can get moved to a section where the discussion may be more supportive.

Could that be it?

Or, like others said, perhaps you did put it in chat and you're going bonkers grin

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 27-Jun-11 13:58:33

I'm taking bets on how many posts before this is moved to Chat.

Any rakers?

Prize as yet undetermined.

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 27-Jun-11 13:59:16

takers.

Obv.

Maryz Mon 27-Jun-11 15:04:35

Yes Chaos, it should have started out "Am I being unreasonable to be pissed off that my thread has been moved to chat", or "AIBU to want to kick the head off the jobsworth from mumsnet towers who moved my thread to chat" or "AIBU to think that mumsnet towers are taking bibbity's side in relation to AIBU" grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now