Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with the nurse who did ds' jabs earlier

(4 Posts)
menazovut Mon 27-Jun-11 11:22:40

Ds just had his 12/13 month jabs (a month late). Like most he screamed and wanted to escape, but at just under 9kg he's not difficult to restrain. I held him still on my lap, nurse his leg still. I'm shocked at how much the jabs bled compared to before, the marks are huge and few fingerprint bruises are coming up on his thigh where she gripped. He's not that easily marked normally. Her manner struck me as nervous/ unsure but tbh I was very focused on ds so didn't pay what she did a lot of attention. Surely this is below a standard you'd expect? The old nurse barely left a mark. It seems more pain than is needed.

worraliberty Mon 27-Jun-11 11:25:53

I couldn't say without being there really.

Perhaps the grip mark was because she'd had a bad experience with another baby and didn't want to repeat it?

Poor thing though, it's horrible taking your baby for jabs sad

menazovut Mon 27-Jun-11 11:28:54

I'm normally pretty unfussed about jabs etc, I've never though held him hard enough to leave finger tip marks, he doesn't mark very easily. Seems disproportionate, he's tiny.

menazovut Mon 27-Jun-11 11:29:28

Also bar stirring the needle in I don't know how the holes are so big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now