Talk

Advanced search

to be getting a little bored of the Pippa Middleton obsession?

(53 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 27-Jun-11 07:57:38

Ok, so she's quite attractive (not the most stunning in the world imo) and her sister's married to the future king. Oh yes, and she's got a nice arse.

But WHY does the world need to obsess about her?

If anyone can tell me something she's genuinely done to deserve all the adoration (charity fundraising, hard work, talent) then I'll rethink.

toptramp Mon 27-Jun-11 07:59:58

YANBU. Kate Middleton is far more beautiful. Pippa is pretty and sloaney but the media obsession is a bit nauseous. Our media are so shallow and a nice arse seems to be the only talent one needs nowadays. And royal connections.

MrsKravitz Mon 27-Jun-11 08:01:48

Facially she is pretty awful looking imo and yes getting bored with it.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 27-Jun-11 08:03:05

YANBU. She loves the attention and perceived kudos of being the sister in law of the future king. I am sure she is loving the speculation of whether she and Harry are getting it on.

PuppyMonkey Mon 27-Jun-11 08:10:39

Who?

sausagesandmarmelade Mon 27-Jun-11 08:44:51

I'm not one to gossip (obviously!) but from what I've read I believe her brother is far worse....overtly bragging about how his new connections are going to make him a fortune...

Pippa has a good figure, made a lovely bridesmaid...does a bit of charity stuff...and has had a privileged upbringing. That's all I know.

Don't have any interest in her sister either to be honest....
Yes she looks pretty...but we don't know what she's like, what views she holds....all we see is her making public appearances, smiling a lot and looking pretty.

LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 27-Jun-11 08:48:53

But that's her job now isn't it? I doubt she's allowed her own opinions anymore (although not sure if she had any before...)

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 27-Jun-11 08:52:32

It's not just England. Mainland Europe seems to have been Pippa'd too.

sausagesandmarmelade Mon 27-Jun-11 08:59:46

The royals are allowed to have an opinion....

She doesn't have to be a subserviant mouse...

CheerfulYank Mon 27-Jun-11 09:00:00

Oh, she's in our magazines here in the states, too. It infuriates me, because there goes Pippa from my girl's name list. sad

I saw a pic of her doing some triathalon thingy the other day- was v impressed I have to admit.

I like her better than almost all of the reality show "celebrities" who are front and center these days.

GetOrf Mon 27-Jun-11 09:01:23

I much prefer Kate, I don't get the obsession with Pippa's arse, I don't think it is that nice an arse (mine is better) lie

MrsKravitz Mon 27-Jun-11 09:01:30

TBH Ive never heard Prince William oe whatever his new name is actually voice and opinion either. A few "laddish" interviews with his father or brother and the engagement interview but thats it. Maybe they are just givig him a go now (whenever that will be0

lachesis Mon 27-Jun-11 09:04:58

I prefer Kate as well and do not find Pippa better-looking. She's lovely for a hurray, probably. Meh.

LeoTheLateBloomer Mon 27-Jun-11 09:58:37

Sausages yes, I'm sure they're allowed an opinion but she's probably told how much to say. They're not going to want her to be controversial are they?

sausagesandmarmelade Mon 27-Jun-11 10:15:08

I guess 'they' don't want another Diana on their hands....

Couldn't stand to be stifled myself...would drive me nuts!
I'm just not cut out to be a royal princess!

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 27-Jun-11 10:16:17

Don't worry. 'Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make very popular in the tabloids'... This time next year they'll all be bored stiff with reporting nice things about her & it will be 'that old slapper Pippa letting the side down'

I don't really give a shit if I'm honest I seldom read such drivel in the tabloids anyway

The DailyFail has really surpassed itself with this one
it was only a matter of time!

<<Chaz goes in search of a sick bucket>>

allegrageller Mon 27-Jun-11 10:43:18

She's really not that pretty, is she....but then I never understood Princess Di either.

Sorry meant to link this one
Total non story

<<Goes in search of a second sick bucket>>

bamboostalks Mon 27-Jun-11 10:46:09

"Facially she is pretty awful looking"....that is a bit unnecessary surely Mrs Kravitz?

StyleandBooty Mon 27-Jun-11 10:48:38

Bet she's more bored of it.

TheAtomicBum Mon 27-Jun-11 10:55:54

I don't get this obsession with her either. She's alright looking, has an alright figure, yes. But I really don't understand why her arse makes front page news so much.

Maybe she likes the attention, maybe it pisses her off too.

I saw a newspaper the other day with the worst front page I've ever seen. A journalist managed to stick a camera up Pippa's skirt. Surely there are laws against this? If anyone else did that, they'd be rightfully arrested for it. Why are journalists allowed to get away with this filth?

MrsKravitz Mon 27-Jun-11 10:57:36

Yes, sorry. it was a bit. My apologies.

TartyMcFarty Mon 27-Jun-11 11:09:00

Yank, she just did the last 5k of the triathlon, and had a physio to keep her in top-top condition. Privileged pony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now