Talk

Advanced search

to suggest that 'dinosaurs love underpants' is a literary classic of our time.

(34 Posts)
dadof2ofthem Sun 26-Jun-11 16:19:12

this book makes me laugh every time i read it and make the kids bedtime a joy.

trixymalixy Sun 26-Jun-11 16:21:50

Love that book too.

olderyetwider Sun 26-Jun-11 16:23:46

I invented a character for our GCs when they were little, called Dennis the Dragon. He was born backwards so the fire comes out of his bum when he farts. They loved Dennis stories, and they were dead easy to make up: Dennis at the barbecue, Dennis saves bonfire night etc etc. Basically anything where the ability to produce fire is called for. Do you think I could get a publisher and make as much money as JK Rowling?

Bast Sun 26-Jun-11 16:24:15

YABU!

Bast Sun 26-Jun-11 16:25:03

No, YA*N*BU.

<getting carried away with dissent>

LittleMissFlustered Sun 26-Jun-11 16:43:05

Aliens love underpants is the favoured book in ours, but any book involving knickers is a winner to be fairgrin

Mamaz0n Sun 26-Jun-11 16:46:21

We love that book too.

FingandJeffing Sun 26-Jun-11 16:50:09

Yabu. Doesn't it annoy you that humans and dinosaurs are shown co-existing?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 26-Jun-11 16:54:55

Yanbu, love that book!

My other favourite is The Mole Who Knew It Was None Of His Business, that book makes me chuckle just thinking about it!

RevoltingPeasant Sun 26-Jun-11 17:26:47

My sister made up a brilliant story, which she illustrated in watercolour, for our youngest sister about an alligator called Ag Bedag who falls off a cliff and is subsequently chased by various creatures (sharks, fishermen) until he finds himself on an island populated by flying hairballs who take him on rides suspended between them on a rug.

I still love that story....

Grabaspoon Sun 26-Jun-11 17:28:43

I love the mole - and buy it for all my friends pre-schoolers!

AmazingBouncingFerret Sun 26-Jun-11 17:32:44

Sorry olderyetwider but there is already a Dennis the Dragon. I owned it back in the early 80's and DS has it now. And yes, he saves bonfire night but he didnt fart fire he was the traditional dragon type! grin

DS love Dinosaurs Love Underpants he likes to look at the last page and pick out different underwear for other members of the family.

Northernlurker Sun 26-Jun-11 17:52:28

My dd also loves this and picks out pants for all of us. I like it because it is nice and easy and quick to read grin

HidinginaHardHat Sun 26-Jun-11 18:12:21

We all love all three of the book (Aliens love underpants, Aliens in underpants save the world and Dinosaurs love underpants) an absolutely brilliant series!

madamehooch Sun 26-Jun-11 18:25:47

It now comes as a board book with a roaring sound button .......

edam Sun 26-Jun-11 18:31:49

I used to know the writer/illustrator. <proud> Well, his wife really, we had our babies a day apart in the same hospital and became friends as we went to the same baby groups. He used to be sat at his drawing board in the bedroom of their one-bed flat while we were proffering pureed carrots in the sitting room. (To the babies, obviously.) Had no idea what he was working on, his then-partner and I were too busy comparing sleepless nights and cracked nipples. grin Lost touch with them a while back when we all moved out of London to different places but I was so excited when I bought the book for ds and read my friend's husbands name. Am really pleased for them, the books are gorgeous.

Ealingkate Sun 26-Jun-11 18:33:56

I have ishoos with the people and dinosaurs co-existing also.

ComeAlongPond Sun 26-Jun-11 18:39:09

But what about the Great Dog Bottom Swap? Genius.

dadof2ofthem Sun 26-Jun-11 19:44:36

edam thats really interesting, see what the net does, you start a thread and then someone who know the auther appears , brilliant!
my boys like to chose their favorite knickers from the last page too, they usually chose the one with the dinosour on.

PssstOverHere Sun 26-Jun-11 19:46:25

We love it here, especially when the dinosaur trips over, that is very funny apparently.

youarekidding Sun 26-Jun-11 19:48:27

Aliens in underpants is a classic here.

As well as the spin offs including the xmas special. grin

JambalayaCodfishPie Sun 26-Jun-11 19:53:42

Definately a firm family favourite.

Have actually used it at school with some of my year 8s for SEN literacy when we were doing rhyming patterns/words.

:D

SmethwickBelle Sun 26-Jun-11 20:01:51

Oh blimey I am going to be a lone voice here - I don't like the series (aliens, dinosaurs in underpants etc..) as I don't think that the rhymes scan at all, it is so clunky and forced, I tweak the lines to fit when I'm reading it.

DS1 likes it so it doesn't matter what I think grin.

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Sun 26-Jun-11 20:06:21

Message withdrawn

pastamouse Sun 26-Jun-11 20:17:32

I can recite it all backwards in my sleep. DH came back from Waterstones with it one day stating it was genius and DS would love it (he was about 11mo hmm )

However he's now 19mo and loves it, probably still a bit too young to truly appreciate it but he loves the pictures and we've a finely honed act for each page with suitable gestures, "grrrrrs" and "roooaars" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now