Talk

Advanced search

Men.

(22 Posts)
veryspecialoldpreserve Sun 26-Jun-11 16:00:04

to think that men are naturally better parents than women - but just don't realise it?

PrinceHumperdink Sun 26-Jun-11 16:04:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HowlingBitch Sun 26-Jun-11 16:04:54

<Blinks loudly>

Crossssssshairs Sun 26-Jun-11 16:05:05

Women - They like handbags and pink things.

MissVerinder Sun 26-Jun-11 16:05:29

Nope. If they were better at anything, they would be letting us know all.the.time.

TrilllianAstra Sun 26-Jun-11 16:05:30

biscuit

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 16:05:47

Not on this planet, no.

MissVerinder Sun 26-Jun-11 16:06:02

tongue in cheek

HowlingBitch Sun 26-Jun-11 16:06:10

Bahahaha! grin grin

GetOrf Sun 26-Jun-11 16:13:42

They are better at pissing standing up.

And picking their nose surreptitiously behind the newspaper.

And that's about it.

Andrewofgg Sun 26-Jun-11 16:15:17

GetOrf, where's your evidence for the second concession you make?

Shodan Sun 26-Jun-11 16:31:17

They are very good at coming up with reasons for having a quick hand-down-the-trouser jigglefiddle with their meat 'n' two veg though.

TiggyD Sun 26-Jun-11 16:35:43

Bit of a provocative thread title isn't it?

veryspecialoldpreserve Sun 26-Jun-11 16:58:52

Shocking misandry.

suzikettles Sun 26-Jun-11 17:03:29

Naturally better you say? So there's something about a Y chromosome that makes better at parenting. Every man? Better than every woman?

Funnily enough the myth that women are naturally better at parenting has been touted about by the jolly old patriarchy for centuries as a very handy way of tying us to the hearth and home.

I think people are in general pretty ok at parenting their offspring no matter what they've got between their legs, but I guess that wouldn't make much of a thread.

garlicnutter Sun 26-Jun-11 17:21:50

the myth that women are naturally better at parenting has been touted about by the jolly old patriarchy for centuries

That's reason enough for me to agree with OP! True or not, YANBU grin

OK let all the men become the primary childcarers and give the women the jobs on the boards of FTSE100 companies, roles in cabinet, the judiciary etc. Fair exchange I think!

AnnieLobeseder Sun 26-Jun-11 17:30:27

YABU to make generalisations about either gender. But that's something society seems very good at, the patriarchy in particular.

suzikettles Sun 26-Jun-11 17:32:32

And men can become the majority of nursery nurses (because of their superior childcare skills) - wonder if that'll remain a minimum wage job.

God, it'd be great wouldn't it? Postpartum mum feeds baby and then hands it straight over to dad because he's got superior parenting skills. And she has a nice kip.

NoobytheWaspSlayer Sun 26-Jun-11 17:35:40

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<hic>

hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<wipes eyes> oh thanks op - needed a good chortl.

AnnieLobeseder Sun 26-Jun-11 19:09:47

I read a book one about a society where women were dominant, babies were handed over to their dads for all childcare after they were born because the women had done all the hard work of growing the baby and giving birth. And men had to go around in revealing clothes cut to show their penises off to the best possible advantage. I did enjoy that book.....

Adagoo Sun 26-Jun-11 19:12:43

Come on then OP.

Back it up.

<offers choice of large shovels>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now