Talk

Advanced search

To think that two of my 'best' friends could have acknowledged my birthday?

(26 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:27:43

today? Not only has it been ruined by the fact me and dh are skint (thats a whole other thread of moaning though), i havent even had so much as a text from two of my closest friends.
My mum phoned, my friend came over with a card, mil bought me flowers and chocs, but no text or card from the other two.

I know one is very stressed about moving her 25 year old daughter out today hmm (mollycoddle city). Not sure about the other one.

Bit sad and sulky bout it really

MrsKravitz Sun 26-Jun-11 14:28:48

Happy Birthday mosschops smile

EssentialFattyAcid Sun 26-Jun-11 14:31:58

Do you generally make a big deal of each other's birthdays?
Shame to get a sulk on on your birthday - did dh make you a lovely cake and did the dc make cards?

Anyway someone is on your side as it really is a beautiful day
Happy Birthday, MossChops smile!!

Pumpernickel10 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:32:27

Happy birthday and I'd be pissed off too if I was you, sending lots if (((hugs)))

Pumpernickel10 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:34:03

I will admit I write everyone's birthday on the calendar so I don't forget plus Facebook reminds me too

mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:36:50

Not a big deal no, but always send a card and follow it up with a text or phonecall.
No cake from dh, he boughts me a few things i wanted (i bought them, he wrapped them from the dcs).
Bbq and wine for the rest of the day smile
am proper moody though, been like it all wk

TheLadyHare Sun 26-Jun-11 14:37:39

Happy Birthday mosschops,

I hope your day picks up a bit,

<hands some wine> smile

Pumpernickel10 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:39:54

Have a slice of cake on me

t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKgL35DH81Occx4DpQ8wUSOxmRjAcO_OZPwwflTxFez_n-1k8mXQ

mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:41:16

Thank you smile nice cake!

mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:41:40

Less calories in beer or wine?

TheLadyHare Sun 26-Jun-11 14:44:58

You don't count calories on your birthday - think it's an unwritten rule! wink

Have a lovely day!

mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 14:46:20

Lol, i am having a day off from the gym, well yoga later but that doesnt count!

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 15:00:39

Happy Birthday mosschops smile smile &#9786; &#9829;

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 15:00:51

ooh randomness sorry

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 15:01:22

that was the kitten walking across the laptop!!!!!

pigletmania Sun 26-Jun-11 15:13:25

Awwww bless YANBU at all, happy birthday mosschops the sun is shining for you today smile. I would feel the same. Are they on Facebook, if so put a status saying something like " having a lovely birthday today, being spoilt rotten, thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes" grin. I am sure that people on FB have written messages for you

flamegirl77 Sun 26-Jun-11 15:18:50

There might be a card or two in the post - I sometimes get caught out by the weekends. Have a lovely day!

Crossssssshairs Sun 26-Jun-11 15:20:46

Happy Birthday!

ChaoticAngelinLimbo Sun 26-Jun-11 15:22:26

Happy Birthday Mosschops smile

Hope you're having a lovely day.

Pinot don't you recognise kitten speak for Happy Birthday wink

Crossssssshairs Sun 26-Jun-11 15:24:08

Pinto your kittens and dogs look very cute together.

TheLadyHare Sun 26-Jun-11 15:27:32

grin @ Pinot

Hmmm. The kitten you say? What exactly did you put in that 7up? wink

mosschops

Enjoy your yoga session, hopefully it will flood you with endorphins and make you feel happy and calm. I don't know much about yoga but hope it does this for you.

<looks down at not ever so toned tummy and resolves not to be so lazy on Sundays...>

flamegirl77 Sun 26-Jun-11 15:30:30

There might be a card or two in the post - I sometimes get caught out by the weekends. Have a lovely day!

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 15:41:13

No, no you've got it all wrong. It wasn't kitten speak for Happy Birthday.

It was kitten speak for "mosschops ignore those feckers and have a grand day anyway"

Fact.

Or some'at grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 26-Jun-11 20:53:18

wine HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOSSCHOPS wine

Maybe your friends have got brains like sieves and have forgotten or maybe, as flamegirl has suggested, you'll get cards tomorrow.

If they're close friends, and if you made a fuss of them on their last birthdays, why not send them texts saying 'Tis my birthday today. Can't afford to celebrate (sob) so a text from you would be the icing on my non-existent cake'

I think you should alert them as you may come over as a tad bitter if you mention your birthday to them in the next week or so, and they'll undoubtedly feel bad if they become aware that they failed to remember your special day.

Of course a text might guilt trip them into giving you a late treat or two, but IMO that would be no bad thing

mosschops30 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:33:26

Both have text smile and both cards hav been sent.
Friend came round for chat and wine in the sun, lovely grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now