Talk

Advanced search

We have an olympic sized paddling pool

(21 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-11 11:35:52

What can we get for the children to play with in it?

FabbyChic Sun 26-Jun-11 11:36:31

water

betterwhenthesunshines Sun 26-Jun-11 11:37:57

plastic bottles? inflatable balls? Don't worry, i'm sure they'll think of something... diving rocks, their bicycle, anything to test if it will sink or swim

betterwhenthesunshines Sun 26-Jun-11 11:38:21

an olympian?

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-11 11:39:36

TBH Fabby we're struggling with that at the moment grin DH is wandering round trying to fit the end of the hose to all the kitchen taps

Indith Sun 26-Jun-11 11:40:33

My children? wink

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-11 11:41:00

plastic bottles, good idea...

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-11 11:42:26

Well Inidth I was actually just looking for my phone to text you! grin
I have to ahve a shower and nip to tesco, what are you up to after lunch?

betterwhenthesunshines Sun 26-Jun-11 11:43:53

Don't worry too much about the water either... from experience it will take ages to fill and even with loads of kettles, pans on the cooker it will still be too cold. Needs a good few days to turn into algae soup warm up.

Indith Sun 26-Jun-11 11:45:24

grin

My plan mainly includes dying quietly (sinuses) which can just as easily be done at your house. I can bring dh to do crowd control. I don't have anythibng particularly exciting to play with, just usual assortment of bath toys and a watering can.

Give me a yell with a time at some point smile

betterwhenthesunshines Sun 26-Jun-11 11:45:51

If you're going to Tesco, what about red food dye and lots of bubble bath? It would go down in family history...

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 26-Jun-11 11:48:08

the dc will be in there for 5 minutes, then come out crying because it too cold.

but get some toy boats, some water guns, plastic bowls, plastic bottles and anything plastic really

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-11 12:01:41

ooh a couple of water pistols

b1uebells Sun 26-Jun-11 12:11:07

Where was it from and how much? We are looking for a big paddling pool ATM. Any chance of a pic of pool?

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Sun 26-Jun-11 12:11:58

Empty Coke/Fanta/similar fizzy pop 2lt bottle. Put a hole in the lid with a nail or screwdriver. Then they can squirt each other to their hearts content.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 26-Jun-11 12:14:33

Good ideas we are currently having an ice lolly break in front of cbeebies.

We got our massive one from halfords!

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 26-Jun-11 12:14:49

Oh and dd calls it a swimming pool!

worraliberty Sun 26-Jun-11 12:17:45

You can buy paddling pool packs from online stores. Ours had...

2 water pistols
2 air beds
1 beach ball
2 sets of arm bands
Pack of little floaty stick things?
1 water donut
30 floaty balls
Other stuff I can't remember

All for around £30 grin

But seriously, ours isn't Olympic size...it's a round 10ft pool, about 2 and a half feet deep...and it still takes around 5 to 6 hours to fill (warm water)

worraliberty Sun 26-Jun-11 12:34:54

Have a look here Stealth there are all sorts of things from toys to inflatables...and pool covers etc....

www.theswimmingpoolstore.co.uk/toys-games/toys-games.html#shop

ChaoticAngelinLimbo Sun 26-Jun-11 12:56:45

Water balloons smile

Lotkinsgonecurly Sun 26-Jun-11 13:04:29

You & a bottle of wine, after the children have gone to bed. I sat naked in our very secluded garden ( we are surrounded by fields and only a bridle way at the bottom of the garden) and a friend's DH and DS chose that moment to return something they'd borrowed 6 months previously. He still doesn't look at me properly blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now