Reality Sun 26-Jun-11 10:33:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stoppinchingthedummy Sun 26-Jun-11 10:34:21

oh my word i would have called the police anyway!! Nutter!!! Hope your ok

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 10:38:41

WuzzAndBuddy Sun 26-Jun-11 10:40:58

Bloody hell!
I'd have called the police aswell, especially if she was going to knock on number 26 and scare the life out of an elderly couple sad

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Sun 26-Jun-11 10:41:18

OMG

How scary - could you phone the police anyway?

I had this a few weeks ago with a guy I gave a lift home to (we were all doing the same course and we had an end of year party). He lives a few miles from me, but I never knew exactly where, he got so hammered he couldn't tell me how to get to his house and I'd got him to write it down before we left the venue but his writing was illegible grin

Mind, he was just drunk and sleepy not aggro - your poor DC's must be terrified.

Bloodymary Sun 26-Jun-11 10:43:59

shock I would have called the police anyway, if only for her own safety.

And she called you a fucking thick bitch shock shock

tribpot Sun 26-Jun-11 10:44:58

My god, I would definitely have called the police. Could you check in with number 26 to make sure they're okay? If she did go there (not that there seems to have been much chance she could have read the house numbers) they may have been even more terrified than you.

Pumpernickel10 Sun 26-Jun-11 10:45:08

So sorry you went though this verity this person was probably off their head on drugs too

ManateeEquineOhara Sun 26-Jun-11 10:45:40

What the hell! I would have also called the police. I wonder if she was on more than just alcohol to behave like that. I can't imagine being drunk and still not recognising my house or questioning the fact that someone else seemed to be in my house?!

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 10:48:30

Yekke Sun 26-Jun-11 10:49:03

Bucket of ice-cold water out of the top window.

Simple.

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 10:50:34

MadYoungCatLady Sun 26-Jun-11 11:00:17

Hope your DC's are ok now. Drunk people can be very frightening to children sad
Sounds like my wonder ex-MIL! smile

fuzzpigFriday Sun 26-Jun-11 11:05:50

Crikey. Getting that drunk is pretty disgusting IMO. Unless somebody's spiked your drink there's no excuse surely?

piprabbit Sun 26-Jun-11 11:09:50

I have never understood how people (barring spiking or similar) drink so much that they can't get themselves home.

To me it is a basic survival instinct - not to get myself in a position where I have to trust the goodwill of others to keep me safe. It's hard enough to keep safe with your wits about you.

mrsbiscuits Sun 26-Jun-11 11:12:58

Ok so I am guilty as charged. 18 years ago I did this whilst on holiday in the Canaries. Went out got sooo drunk I didn't know where I was and tried to get into the wrong apartment.............YANBU however, as 2 years later things had only got worse and I was in treatment. I have now been sober for 16 years!

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 11:15:40

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 19:18:03

Grumpystiltskin Sun 26-Jun-11 20:49:43

When I was a student I moved three times in three months..... recipe for disaster.

MixedClassBaby Sun 26-Jun-11 21:11:35

I once shared a house and one evening someone let themselves in (door was unlocked) and came into the living room. He was clearly very drunk and sat down on the sofa and started watching TV. We all assumed that he was friends with someone else in the house so none of us said anything.

Eventually he got up, said "wrong house" and walked off again.

We thought that it was very funny but there were lots of us there and he wasn't aggressive. I would have been frightened in your situation OP so no, YANBU to feel shaken.

ENormaSnob Sun 26-Jun-11 22:13:24

Water pistol out of top window.

oldraver Sun 26-Jun-11 22:53:47

Last year my son had a woman break into his house then go into an upstairs room and try to get in bed to sleep. they called the police and when they went to remove her she just stood there and pissed on their floor shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now