Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be pisssed off with hubby

(6 Posts)
CoffeeDog Sun 26-Jun-11 09:48:26

DH is currentley fishing lastnight/all day today.... We went out with All of his family on Friday (day offwork) so have been really busy this weekend

Post came yesterday and its a bloody rail ticket return to visit his father in auguest.... app he has arrange to go up there for a weekend (his step mum is comming down to pick him up) he keeps putting on the calender 'work do's' etc and never seems to be bloddy here... we have a 6yr old and twin 2yr olds.

I did mention we would all go as a family to vist FIL (has plenty of room for us) but they said no as the kids might be a bit trying.... I get NO help with the kids from my family or his its pretty much me & them 24/7 ht eonly peace i get is when they are asleep AIBU to expect DH to be around if only to read the kids a bedtime story or change a nappy? we also dont have much money at the minute and his little jaunt up north is costing us £100+ he has also said he intends to join a fishing lake so he can 'go when the kids are in bed' (another £100+) so i get to spend the whole day with the kids.... he will spend 1/2 hour with them & help put them to bed.. if he's not on his phone then fuck off for the evening leaving me alone sad

He thinks IABU as he dosnt see this as a problem..... as its good for him to 'get away..... I am half tempted to dump his stuff and tell him just to fuck off he can be away as much as he wants then!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 26-Jun-11 09:55:04

YANBU. Marriage is a partnership and he seems to be doing too many things as if he was still a sole-operator, spending money on himself and organising outings, forgetting that there are five of you in the family, rather than just one. People do need time to themselves, even within a marriage, but it's something that everyone's got to be happy with. Sounds like you need to have a long conversation about expectations, consultation, consideration....

holyShmoley Sun 26-Jun-11 09:57:09

can he explain why it isn't good for you to be away?
He's being selfish.

LoveMyGirls Sun 26-Jun-11 10:00:39

I would be fuming. He is not taking his responsibilities seriously. sad

I wouldn't pack his stuff tbh I would just arrange a weekend away for myself next week and smile sweetly and say "of course you don't mind, I just need to get away for a couple of days and you know how that is"

Once he has been on his own for the weekend he will understand what it is that he is asking you to do all the time and he will hopefully realise how selfish he has been.

If after your break he doesn't understand then pack his bags.

Flisspaps Sun 26-Jun-11 10:07:58

If you're half tempted to pack his stuff and tell him to fuck off, I'd do it - a bit like the Beautiful South song.

blackeyedsusan Sun 26-Jun-11 10:14:53

doesn't sound like you would be any worse off if he did go. he is not sharing the load at home is he.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now